I'm moving from one apartment, where I had FiOS TV and internet for a year, to a new building. While the new building is wired for FiOS, the service isn't ready to be activated yet. The estimation the building gave me was mid-October.
I'm moving Thursday and would love to keep my FiOS service, but don't want to be without cable or internet for more than a couple of weeks. When I called Verizon, I was told I could get the DSL-style internet service, but they could only offer me DirecTV, which requires a contract, ("which you of course wouldn't want," the CS rep said). They also offered to let me know of a date when the service would be ready, but they won't have that answer for 3 to 5 days.
I'm willing to go without TV for a few weeks if I have to, but I'm wondering if anyone else has had a situation like this. I don't want to sign up for internet, wait for TV for two weeks and then find out it's been delayed and won't be ready until November or something. If you had a similar problem when you first got FiOS, were you able to get a deal with Verizon for the pre-FiOs internet? Are they accommodating with the transition? I really like my FiOS service, but if this is going to be a hassle, I may switch to Comcast or DirecTV, though neither situation is ideal.