New Customer - Macroblocking
JamesW4

I've been running Windows Media Center for several years now and decided to switch to FIOS. Since the switch I'm having a lot of macroblocking on all channels. This happens on live tv and recordings.

I'm running two Silicondust Prime's, which worked fine on TWC.

On the new FIOS all Signal Levels and Quality looks perfect on all channels. (Much better than TWC).

For internet I'm running the Westell Router via ethernet from the ONT, (MoCa is turned off)... internet works fine.

Macroblocking issues exist with MoCa on or off.

The RG6 cable from the ONT is only 15ft long so I would have expected to easily work with an 8-way splitter but that is not the case. Signal levels drop too low.

I've checked all cables and even tried different different cables... no help.

There are no signal attenuators unless they are inside the ONT

All splitters are good quality 5-1000MHz and I've tried several different splitter combinations.

There is several types of macroblocking happening, sometimes it happens on movement/schene changes, sometimes it is just a bunch of blocks and sometimes the bottom half of the screen turns gray with a line of blocks on top of the gray.

Before I get a truck to roll...any suggestions?

Thanks

J

0 Likes
Re: New Customer - Macroblocking
JamesW4

Anyone?

0 Likes
jumpin68ny
Master - Level 2

Can't say I even know what macroblocking is

0 Likes
tns
Master - Level 2

Are you using all 8 connectors on your 8-way spitter.  IF not you may need to terminate them.

0 Likes
JamesW4

Can't use the 8-way, signal is too weak, and I'm only running a total of 15ft RG6

I always use terminators..

0 Likes
JamesW4

BTW, MoCa is off, ethernet from ONT to router, rg6 from ONT to 4 way splitter to the Prime tuners.

0 Likes