New Fios TV Won't let me Log ON
ShopRat59

Last week I replaced my old (and working fine) FIO My TV app on my droid phone with the new one - based on a propmt that the old one was obsolete.

Now I can't log on.  My ID/Password work fine via a browswer but when I try to log on via FIOS TV I get: Sign-In-Error USer Id or Password is invalid. Please try again later or login at http://myverizon.com/ to manage your account if the problem persists.  

Error Code: 9-6-13-203-140

I did sign in to my verizon, by found nothing that helps with this error.  

My issue IS NOT that i don't know what my ID/Password are or that i mistyped them in my droid phone.

Please help, I use this app every day - our at least I used to.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: New Fios TV Won't let me Log ON
JohnnyCeeVA
Enthusiast - Level 2

The Fios TV app will not accept special characters in your password anymore (or at least, it won't accept the two I have been using for the past 4 years; ! and ^).  It took me 90 minutes on the phone with four different customer service representatives to figure this one out.  A special character password will get you into your MyVerizon account and your MyFios app, but not the Fios TV app.  Reset your password to alphanumeric and you will be fine.

View solution in original post

ArcticHawk
Enthusiast - Level 1

Did your issue get resolved? The same problem, including the error code, started with me on Saturday, Oct. 7. I used the app just fine Friday evening.

0 Likes
JohnnyCeeVA
Enthusiast - Level 2

The Fios TV app will not accept special characters in your password anymore (or at least, it won't accept the two I have been using for the past 4 years; ! and ^).  It took me 90 minutes on the phone with four different customer service representatives to figure this one out.  A special character password will get you into your MyVerizon account and your MyFios app, but not the Fios TV app.  Reset your password to alphanumeric and you will be fine.

ArcticHawk
Enthusiast - Level 1

Your solution worked for me (change password and elimiate special characters). Thank you!

0 Likes
JohnnyCeeVA
Enthusiast - Level 2

You're welcome.

0 Likes
Coronersdeciple

Worked for me as while. Ityclear the password policy filters for Verizon websites and the Verizon FIOS TV App are not the same. 

If they change the PW policy they should be requiring all users to change their PWs. Simple and common industry best practice.

0 Likes
CMR158

We just started having this issue. We’ve been using the app just fine until this morning. I changed my password to remove social characters and now it’s just letters and numbers. Seems odd that Verizon would change their security requirements in this fashion. Regardless, while I am able to log onto MyVerizon with the new password, I am still unable to get onto the FIOsTV app. 

0 Likes
Tmne

Other than a capital letter, I dont have special characters in my pass word. Now what?

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

This thread will be locked to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes