New Guide Fullscreen on older HD set top boxes?
ksqmatt

Just wondering if the new guide/scrolling channels if theres a way to get it to show up on the older silver HD stbs? I have a newer one in a different room and the full screen guide/ on demand looks nice covering the whole screen.., was hoping to have in the other room too, didn't see anything in settings, and i do have my tv listed in settings as a 16:9 hdtv. thanks for any help!

0 Likes
Re: New Guide Fullscreen on older HD set top boxes?
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

There is no option you can toggle to correct that. We can get the box exchanged because of the incompatibility issue we introduced. We have sent you a private message to get more info from you.

0 Likes
Dtl132
I'm having a similar problem. The new guide on my HD DVR box isn't full screen. It looks real bad on my big TV. Can you please send me a new box?
0 Likes
ncrider6

Same issue here. Do we need a new box also?

0 Likes
tns
Master - Level 2

If you have a 6xxx box, then yes, you need a newer (moto 7xxx or cisco) box.

0 Likes
goldramgb
What would we need to do to get the newer box. I have sent a couple of inquires about the newer DVR boxes and have never gotten a reply back. I'm in the Baltimore area, are the newer boxes available to all the users or just to certain areas?
0 Likes
tns
Master - Level 2

@goldramgb wrote:
What would we need to do to get the newer box. I have sent a couple of inquires about the newer DVR boxes and have never gotten a reply back. I'm in the Baltimore area, are the newer boxes available to all the users or just to certain areas?

The older boxes can not do the HD guide.  Also the 6416 DVR cannot do, eSata.  If Fios decides to start adding Mpeg-4 channels or VOD (something they have been mum on) that is also not supported.

Newer boxes are available everywhere. See Anthony_Vz post.

0 Likes
AlphaB
Contributor - Level 1

@goldramgb wrote:

Call Verizon over the phone when ordering "new" or "replacement" equipment.  You need to speak with a "human."

0 Likes