New IMG 1.9.5 - issues with Manage Series Recordings
FlyGuyTX
Enthusiast - Level 2
Since the new 1.9.5 upgrade was pushed, most of the Series Recordings in the Manage Series Recordings menu show "Manual Series". This is odd, because when I view them on the web in the Manage DVR area, they are fine. Many of these were set up over a year ago and are for series that are currently on hiatus but will be back.

I also noticed that one recently scheduled series recording had %20 in the name rather than a blank space.

Seems like the new upgrade is somehow flawed in handling series recordings. I have tried rebooting the DVR but no change. Verizon please take note!!
0 Likes
Re: New IMG 1.9.5 - issues with Manage Series Recordings
Corvid1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have the identical problem with the recent software upgrade which VERIZON did to my DVR.  I too have "Manual Series" listed under the "Manage Series Recordings" section of my DVR for about 10 of the tv shows that I have tagged to be recorded weekly. In addition, I have lost the ability to actually manage these series in that I cannot change the priority order of their recording preference.  Others have posted to this forum complaining about these very same problems.

I've tried twice to report the first problem to VERIZON's technical support staff, but met with indifference in the first attempt (a guy recommended that I replace my DVR with a new one - an utterly ridiculous suggestion), and in my second attempt I got a somewhat helpful lady who couldn't correct this glitch and was unaware of others having same problem but promised to send it up the flagpole to higher level tech folks (best action that I realistically could get).

As I told VERIZON's techies, I likely was not the only customer experiencing this same problem - and your and several others posting confirm my hunch.  VERIZON leaves a lot to be desired in the testing of their software "upgrades".

LeeBreisacher

I'm seeing this same problem. I contacted Verizon Support using the Live Chat, and they were not helpful. They just said there's nothing they can do and I need to reprogram the faulty ones. 

0 Likes
SumOdRsn
Having same issues reported here with another issue as well. I've seen the problem where a series is shown with %20 instead of a space. The other issue is this...when going to DVR menu, going to Create new, then choosing Search to create a new recording. Searching for a show, finding the show name folder, then going to the first airing, and selecting that brings up the record series and record series with options. If I choose record series with options, it shows the wait screen, but the options never change to Modify, still acts like I haven't made a series. If I back out and go to series manager, it will show the program name followed by the season and episode (e.g. Top Chef S4E11) and there will be no scheduled recordings. However, if I create a new recording and select the create from guide option, it works correctly. Doesn't appear that I can create any series recording when using search. Spoke to a tech for about an hour and he was unable to replicate. He said to wait until the next release. Anyone else seen the search behavior?
0 Likes