New Programmin​g Guide SUCKS (rolled out 9/28/11) - Verizon
RockyRoller
Enthusiast - Level 2

I agree.

The wiz kids who produced this piece of garbage had the ability to allow the consumer to keep the old screen format if they wanted to.

The new screen is repulsive it makes me want to wretch.

1.    There is To much clutter on the screen. The same icons that clutter the screen can be found on the hand controller. Waste of screen space resulting in a smaller formatted screen

2.    , Current picture is on the left of the screen and is much smaller.

3.    The second screen is useless to me and takes up time.

4.    The Colors are nauseating.

5.    Smaller looking Font, and although the version personnel says the Font is actually larger doesn’t make it so if it looks smaller to the user. It’s a slight of hand by version. Why? I don’t know.

6.    The channels change extremely slower than the previous screen.

7.    If verizon wanted to improve anything they could have just produced a lighted program changer so you don’t have to turn on the light every time you want to change the channel

The audacity from the Verizon reps to actually say online {get used to this issue} is harmful an he /she should be reported to the corporate affairs at verizon.

If you want to make a statement go back to COMCAST   until the VERIZON PEOPLE   TAKE ALL OF THEIR CUSTOMERS SERIOUS.

Sincerely

Rocky

Re: New Programmin​g Guide SUCKS (rolled out 9/28/11) - Verizon
vtwin913
Enthusiast - Level 1

I agree with Rocky. The new guide SUCKS SUCKS SUCKS. The color contrasts they picked are awful I need to put my glasses on to read it. WAY TOO MUCH clutter on the screen. Why is there not an option to keep the OLD view. We are the customers why not take a poll before making a major change like this ? Seriously considering going back to comcast. They suck too but suck less than verizion Im sorry I switched. Dont care for the on demand either.

ballanda
Enthusiast - Level 2

Dont like change, huh? I disagree with everything you said. 

Go explore all f the new settings and play around before dismissing everything

Give yourself 2 weeks to get used to it.  Your eyes will adjust

Changing channels is faster than ever

Remote control responsiveness is faster than ever

Remote DVR access through remote control buttons is faster than ever

The ability to operate the DVR (i.e. schedule & delete recordings) from any TV is a huge plus

If you're not using these features then you should probably switch back to the stone age of cable anyway.

0 Likes
RockyRoller
Enthusiast - Level 2

Think of it in these terms if you will.     You test drive a car and you don’t like the way it drives, so you test drive another car just like the first one but you still don’t like it. Two weeks will not make you like the experience any more then the first two you had.

I have given you my opinion respectively

I would presume you can appreciate I did it in a civil manor 

Sincerely

Rocky

LGran
Enthusiast - Level 1
Agreed. Its driving me nuts
ewstan
Enthusiast - Level 1

I agree. The new Guide is a classic example of Tech Writing by someone who doesn't understand what they are doing. The purpose of the Guide is to present information in a simple, easy to read format. The new guide is anything but simple and easy to read. The colors are the biggest problem that I see. Dark gray on light gray?  Light gray on blue/gray? I'm 70, but I have 20/20 corrected vision and I have to strain to read 25% of the text. Did not have that problem with the old format.

EWS

mark91345
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yes, the new format is awful. Very poorly thought out.

theelder1
Enthusiast - Level 1

My tv guide just changed.  I thought it was something I did wrong and I spent forever trying to change it back.  It is horrible. What was wrong with the old format?

ALeo01
Enthusiast - Level 2

speed of changing channels is irrelevant, a web app can easily support multiple skins, either revert the horrific colors and fonts which are very hard when not sitting a foot from my bog screen tv, or at least offer a config setting for bigger less light colored fonts.

philsrock
Enthusiast - Level 2

I guess beauty is truly in the eye of the beholder.

I absolutely LOVE the new guide and features and would never want to go back to the old one.  To each his own I guess. 

Nice job Verizon.  I did everything but laugh at the Comcast guy that came to the house trying to convince me to switch back to Comcast the other day.