Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
New Xbox App - Verizon, please notify your employees!
dannysal
Enthusiast

Please help!  I just called Verizon and the person I spoke with had absolutely no idea about the new Xbox app!  When I told her I wanted to add Xbox to my current service she thought I was trying to connect my xbox to the internet and she was going to transfer me to technical support.  Yikes!  Why haven't all Verizon employees been notified of this new service?


Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: New Xbox App - Verizon, please notify your employees!
prisaz
Legend

@dannysal wrote:

Please help!  I just called Verizon and the person I spoke with had absolutely no idea about the new Xbox app!  When I told her I wanted to add Xbox to my current service she thought I was trying to connect my xbox to the internet and she was going to transfer me to technical support.  Yikes!  Why haven't all Verizon employees been notified of this new service?



Perhaps it is not a service that is available yet.

http://kotaku.com/5863518/microsoft-sold-almost-one-million-xbox-360s-last-week

If it is still in testing, and has not launched, or you already have fios tv hardware to run it for watching tv, you will probably not find any support through normal channels.

0 Likes
Re: New Xbox App - Verizon, please notify your employees!
Justin46
Legend

Verizon has a big article on the At Home Blog:

http://forums.verizon.com/t5/Verizon-at-Home/Get-in-the-Game-with-FiOS-TV-on-Xbox/ba-p/373917

Seems to me there is no excuse for any of the agents who take calls or chats to not know about this new offering.

__________________________________
Justin
FiOS TV, 25/25 Internet, and Digital Voice user
QIP7232, QIP7100-P2, IMG 1.9
Keller, TX 76248

0 Likes
Re: New Xbox App - Verizon, please notify your employees!
dannysal
Enthusiast

Mark, perhaps you should do a better job understanding the issue before you try to help.  Your post did not help me at all and added zero value.  Please don't try to "help" me again.  

The service is NOT available yet, I know that, but that is not the point.  

The new service was announced yesterday.  Verizon explicitly stated in the press release that existing FIOS customers can call customer service immediately and place the order to add the service which is expected to rollout next month.  The point is they were taking orders as of yesterday.

However, when I called customer service they were oblivious and had no idea what I was talking about.  That is the reason I posted.  Capisci?

0 Likes
Re: New Xbox App - Verizon, please notify your employees!
prisaz
Legend

@dannysal wrote:

Mark, perhaps you should do a better job understanding the issue before you try to help.  Your post did not help me at all and added zero value.  Please don't try to "help" me again.  

The service is NOT available yet, I know that, but that is not the point.  

The new service was announced yesterday.  Verizon explicitly stated in the press release that existing FIOS customers can call customer service immediately and place the order to add the service which is expected to rollout next month.  The point is they were taking orders as of yesterday.

However, when I called customer service they were oblivious and had no idea what I was talking about.  That is the reason I posted.  Capisci?


Sorry I must have missed that one. I do read almost eveything here. So since I am not a Verizon employee please don't bite my head off. Since it was only announced here yeasterday morning, and I had not read it, perhaps the Customer Service Rep had not been informed ahead of time either. Typical. Smiley Indifferent

This is a peer to peer support forum, so some of the answers you get from another customer, may or may not be helpful.

Justin was right on the money!Smiley Wink

0 Likes
Re: New Xbox App - Verizon, please notify your employees!
Techman28
Master

Even though this is a peer to peer forum we still ask that you be respectful in replies and we at verizon do and will help anyone and everyone that asks for help. I have made a thread regarding some of the issues that I am pointing out.

bottom line

Be RESPECTFUL!!! 🙂

0 Likes
Re: New Xbox App - Verizon, please notify your employees!
prisaz
Legend

@Techman28 wrote:

Even though this is a peer to peer forum we still ask that you be respectful in replies and we at verizon do and will help anyone and everyone that asks for help. I have made a thread regarding some of the issues that I am pointing out.

bottom line

Be RESPECTFUL!!! 🙂


 I had not seen the X Box information yet, and just told the OP that perhaps the CSR had not seen the information either. It is a rather new development I was not aware of. Like I said Justin was right on. I don't work for Verizon, so I don't know everything and miss things from time to time. You and other Verizon employees are always most helpful. But sometimes the CSRs miss things too. Perhaps the one the OP spoke to just got back from vacation who knows.

Again thanks for the understanding and always providing support and help to all.

0 Likes
Re: New Xbox App - Verizon, please notify your employees!
Dutch421
Contributor

You don''t  need to add Xbox to your account....From what I read all you need is Verizon Fios TV, Verizon Fios internet ,Xbox360, and an Xbox Gold Live account.

0 Likes
Re: New Xbox App - Verizon, please notify your employees!
Dutch421
Contributor

Fios on Xbox 360 live( 26 channels)....is now up and running. 

0 Likes