New guide
dmj12

I hate, hate, hate the new guide.  It's slow. It doesn't cue up yet the channel you are watching if you have a favorites line-up set.  There is NO enhanced information that I can see provided now as compared to before.  The background color makes it harder to read.  Basically it is totally inferior and if I could, I would cancel my account just for that reason.  It frustrates me every time I use it.

0 Likes
Re: New guide
dosxx001

I completely agree.  The new colors are frustrating enough, but I can't get past how slow it is.  Please please bring back the old format, or at least speed it up.  I just can't believe it was this slow in testing and they gave it the go ahead.  For their sake, I hope they found out when it launched and are working on fixing it.

0 Likes
Re: New guide
questioning_old
Contributor - Level 2

I'm going to hazard a guess that you guys are posting about this here for the first time without having read other threads about the very same problem which have the solutions posted....not intentionally but there *is* a solution to the problem if you want to do something about it.

If your TV Guide Listing is slow and doesn't do what it's supposed to do, check the model number on your STB or DVR.  If it's 6xxx, then you need to contact Verizon and request an updated one that's at least 7xxx.  Verizon *should* honor your request for an upgrade.  I have learned from here too that there are Verizon Fios TV Stores where you can exchange yours in person.  Here is the website where you may be able to find one in your area:

https://www22.verizon.com/ResidentialHelp/FiOSTV/General+Support/Account+Issues/QuestionsOne/84843.h...

My STB is a 7100.

If your TV Guide Listing works but is just annoying to read with the contrast then more than likely, your TV is analog and you need to replace it with a flatscreen, because the resolution on the analog TV is limited and can't handle the new HD graphics.  If that's the case, then that's something you can definitely do on your own.  My old TV was analog and I was having problems reading the TV Guide listing but when I replaced it with a flatscreen, that solved the problem.

And finally if you already have the updated STB or DVR and a flatscreen, check the settings on your TV (i.e. contrast, brightness, etc.) because if they're set too high, that could be a problem.

0 Likes