Newer DVR upgrade
MCL12
Enthusiast - Level 2

Last year I was offered to upgrade our dvr, I connected all connections from the previous dvr to the new one, that includes my dvd player/recorder

I figured everything would work as it, I had some things stored on my new dvr's hard drive and this weekend I decided to burn on a dvd for storage as I've done in the past.

Well,  I've tried everything but no matter what I do I cannot burn anything as my previous dvr.

Is there something I'm doing wrong? (it's been at least a year since I last tried to burn something)

Any sugguestions or help would be appreciated.

Thanks, MCL1

0 Likes
Re: Newer DVR upgrade
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

A while back (may have been a year or more) Verizon changed the output of STBs that will no longer allow the content to be copied and saved by an external device that has copy protection detection.

COMET65
Enthusiast - Level 3

I still have the older, Motorola  QIP 7232 2  HD DVR.  I can record DVD's while watching any movies, even the On Demand pay movies.  A friend of mine was bragging about getting a great deal on a HD DVR upgrade, with much more features. This friend is now wishing she had her old box,  because she can't record anything.   I am keeping my older version HD DVR as long as possible.

0 Likes
crigefsky

I am able to use a video capture program to copy (at playback speed) the video thru composite (RCA) cable to my computer.  It creates a mpg file that is about 1mg per second of play.

0 Likes