No ESPN HD or ESPN2 HD and a few other channels - in Florida
justelizabeth1

I too am having this issue.  No blackout - just channels not working - showing a black screen saying the channel is unavailable.  I finally got on the phone with a Tech person who told me there are a handful of HD channels that have been out since August 7th and they have no idea when it will be resolved, just FYI.  Not happy about that, but it doesn't seem I have a choice.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: No ESPN HD or ESPN2 HD and a few other channels - in Florida
poohbear001
Enthusiast - Level 1
About a year ago I had a problem where a few channels including ESPN stopped working. It would up being a bad connection at the main splitter. Once the connection was fixed the channels came back. I was surprised this was the cause since I only lost a few channels however all has been good since.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

No problem with them here in Bradenton FL.   Nor have I noticed any other channels out.

0 Likes
justelizabeth1

Seems like I am being fed misinformation.  I have a Verizon supervisor calling me back tomorrow to discuss.  I don't know what my problem is with the channels...nor can I get any satisfaction so far from tech support.  I have someone coming Aug 28th to the house to make sure everything is in working order here.  

If anyone else has any solutions, I'd love to hear them.

0 Likes
poohbear001
Enthusiast - Level 1
About a year ago I had a problem where a few channels including ESPN stopped working. It would up being a bad connection at the main splitter. Once the connection was fixed the channels came back. I was surprised this was the cause since I only lost a few channels however all has been good since.
0 Likes
Re: No ESPN HD or ESPN2 HD and a few other channels - in Florida (SOLVED)
justelizabeth1

Thank you for this info.  I just had the tech leave and it seems that too was my issue. There was a three-way splitter inside my wall and I was getting a "marginal" connection.  Once the tech switched to a two-way splitter and changed up a cable inside, I was good to go.  

I had such a HORRIBLE experience over the past few weeks with customer service telling me in one instance that there was an outage during one call.... to another tech on a different day telling me that the Extreme package no longer included ESPN HD and ESPN2 HD...that I hope this helps someone in the future!!!  Check your splitter!

0 Likes