No Program Info
RickyPicky11
Enthusiast - Level 2

We have had FIOS internet and TV for at least 10 years.

None of our set top boxes are displaying any guide data.  When we attempt to bring up the guide all we get is "No program info" for every channel.  Everything else, including accessing and playing recordings on the VMS1100 from all STB's, appears to be working normally.  We can also make new recordings and play them back from all STBs.  We've had this problem for about a week now.

We have a VMS1100 and three IPC1100.  Our router is a FIOS Quantum Gateway and our ONT is a ONT611.

Coming out of our ONT is a COAX cable, about 75' long, which goes to the input of our 6-way splitter in our attic.  Four (4) of the outputs from the splitter goes to our STBs, with the longest COAX run being about 50' and the shortest about 25'.  The fifth output of the splitter has a COAX connected (about 90') to it that goes to our FIOS Quantum Gateway router.  That router has another router (Netgear R7000) sitting right next to it,  connected via ethernet cable.  We use the R7000 router for all our WIFI.  WIFI is turned off on the FIOS Quantum Gateway.

This setup, minus several STB/DVR upgrades and router upgrades, has been working since inception.

Any ideas on what could be causing the problem?  I'm guessing it's either the 6-way splitter is starting to fail or one-or-more cables have gone bad and need replacing.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: No Program Info
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Yeah once the coax is replaced you should be good to go. Just use a good quality RG6 tri or quad shield cable. 

View solution in original post

Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

On the back of the router is a coax LAN light. If that is off then the coax coming to the router might be bad. If might also be the splitter. It might also be the router. 
You can test this by moving the router next to in place of one of the IPCs and see if the LAN comes on. Do you have any two port splitters on hand? You can move the router to one of the STBs and test the MoCA LAN. 

RickyPicky11
Enthusiast - Level 2

The COAX LAN light on the back of the router is not on.

RickyPicky11
Enthusiast - Level 2

So, since my internet/WIFI is working, that must mean I'm getting it on the Ethernet connection, correct?

0 Likes
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Correct, your MoCA LAN connection is bad somewhere. Since you have multiple boxes they are unlikely to be the reason. It is either the coax, splitter, or the router. 

RickyPicky11
Enthusiast - Level 2

Since my three IPC1100s can see the VMS1100(DVR) to record/play recordings, this indicates the failure, assuming it's not my Quantum Gateway router, likely lies in either the coax from my splitter to my router, or from the coax from my ONT to my splitter.

Does this make sense?

0 Likes
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Makes sense. Sounds good a good place to start. Are your IPCs getting live video as well?

RickyPicky11
Enthusiast - Level 2

I no longer am using the COAX run from the splitter in my attic to my Quantum Gateway router.  Instead, I put a 2-way splitter next to my ONT, and connected a short COAX cable from my ONT to that splitter.  The two outputs of that splitter has one COAX run going to the splitter in the attic, and the other COAX run (new) going to my Quantum Gateway router.

I now have guide data on all STBs.  Therefore, I concluded the main problem was the COAX from the splitter in the attic to my Quantum Gateway router.

I have one remaining question.  Although I now have guide data on all STBs,  I only have 4 days worth.

Is it normal to have only 4 days worth of guide data?

0 Likes
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Glad to hear it working. The guide data is usually around 7-10 days. Eventually it will be back to normal once it downloads the rest of the days. 

RickyPicky11
Enthusiast - Level 2

Correction, I now have 8 days of guide data!  I think I'm good for now.

I'm still planning on replacing at least 2 more COAX runs - the one from the splitter in the attic to my VMS1100 box in our family room and the one from the the splitter in the attic to our TV in the basement.  Those runs are a bit weather beaten and I think a squirrel chomped on the one going to the family room.