No Sound on Netflix
mbloom
Enthusiast - Level 1

The picture is fine, but Netflix has no audio -- this has been the case for many weeks. I normally watch Netflix via my FireStick, but the kids prefer to watch through FIOS. For other reasons, the ONT was restarted and the Quantum router replaced. Netflix continues to not have sound. Anyone have the same issue? Thanks!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: No Sound on Netflix
mbloom
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks. The issue is resolved. The other boxes worked fine. The STB was rebooted twice, no luck. Netflix was reset (settings, system information, info) then the STB was rebooted again. It worked after the last reboot. While rebooting, the rep was also talking to the enhanced television group, but said no changes in their side. Not sure what fixed it. I have to assume it was the Netflix reset followed by the reboot, although I did log into Netflix before the reboot and there was still no sound. That third reboot did the trick. 

View solution in original post

Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Have you tried rebooting the box you have the issue with? Does this happen on all your boxes? Maybe the set-top box needs to be replaced. What model do you have? 

mbloom
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks. The issue is resolved. The other boxes worked fine. The STB was rebooted twice, no luck. Netflix was reset (settings, system information, info) then the STB was rebooted again. It worked after the last reboot. While rebooting, the rep was also talking to the enhanced television group, but said no changes in their side. Not sure what fixed it. I have to assume it was the Netflix reset followed by the reboot, although I did log into Netflix before the reboot and there was still no sound. That third reboot did the trick. 

Woodeneye

Sound works for 90 seconds then nothing 

0 Likes
ChrisAnnapolis

My tv is doing same thing. Sound winks out of Netflix.  However firestick or iPad or old Apple TV is fine.  I have new 2020 fios installation 

0 Likes