No live TV but can watch Recorded Programs + On Demand
sjs13579
Enthusiast - Level 1

Box for our secondary TV has been installed since September 2014. Just last week we started to get a completely black picture and no sound when trying to watch live TV(any channel). The Channel Guide pops up on screen and let's me scroll through and change the channel but no picture or sound.

In addition, we ARE able to watch Recorded Programs on our DVR and also access On Demand content.

Does this sound like a TV issue, a Box issue or something else?  I'm stumped. Have unplugged and reset both TV and box with no success.

Thanks!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: No live TV but can watch Recorded Programs + On Demand
Telcoguru
Master - Level 1

Unplug your router, VMS server and client. Plug your router back in and wait for it to reconnect. It should take a few minutes. Plug your VMS server back in and immediately keep tapping the menu button on the remote until the front of the box says run. Use the down arrows until you see the word cold and hit the ok button. This will cold initialize the set top box. The box will take several minutes to come back up. When that is done plug in the client and wait for it to reboot. The client should reestablish a connection to the server.

View solution in original post

Telcoguru
Master - Level 1

What is the model of your set top box?

0 Likes
sjs13579
Enthusiast - Level 1

Back of box has:

"Set-Top Box - Model IPC1100/1106/3740"

Another sticker on back just has IPC1100 so I'd go with that.

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

On the IPC go to menu-Customer Support - Top Tools - Connected device status.

See if you have green between your IPC and your VMS.

0 Likes
Telcoguru
Master - Level 1

Unplug your router, VMS server and client. Plug your router back in and wait for it to reconnect. It should take a few minutes. Plug your VMS server back in and immediately keep tapping the menu button on the remote until the front of the box says run. Use the down arrows until you see the word cold and hit the ok button. This will cold initialize the set top box. The box will take several minutes to come back up. When that is done plug in the client and wait for it to reboot. The client should reestablish a connection to the server.

sjs13579
Enthusiast - Level 1

CRobGauth - The image below is what I'm seeing after following your instructions.

Telcoguru = Will try that when I'm back home tomorrow.

Thanks for the help folks.

0 Likes
sjs13579
Enthusiast - Level 1

0 Likes
sjs13579
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thank you Telcoguru. This worked perfectly. Appreciate it!

0 Likes