No mute or volume change capability on Fios One TV Voice Remote
REDBANKER
Enthusiast - Level 1

Installed 2 TV One boxes and one mini. Used auto install and manual install for TVs and 1 receiver. New remotes will power on and off the boxes, TVs and receiver.

I cannot mute or change sound level using the Voice Remote buttons on any of the three remote/TV combinations.

Old remotes can change all sound/mute TV One set-top boxes and perform most othr functions on new boxes.

0 Likes
Re: No mute or volume change capability on Fios One TV Voice Remote
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

@PineCreek1942 wrote:

Installed 2 TV One boxes and one mini. Used auto install and manual install for TVs and 1 receiver. New remotes will power on and off the boxes, TVs and receiver.

I cannot mute or change sound level using the Voice Remote buttons on any of the three remote/TV combinations.

Old remotes can change all sound/mute TV One set-top boxes and perform most othr functions on new boxes.

Do a manual setup and put in the model number of the TV and receiver. 

0 Likes
Re: No mute or volume change capability on Fios One TV Voice Remote
REDBANKER
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks for response-that worked for Kitchen TV.  Family room setup is: 2015 Sony 55W950 which appears in settop box, choose that. Sony receiver is a 2009-10 STRDA3400ES.  It is NOT in receiver list for SONY; 3300 and 3500 are in list, but choosing either of them does not mute or allow volume change. Remote for old settop box can still mute and changed volume of new box.

Additionally I plan to buy 4K TV and receiver in a couple of months. SONY STR-DN1080 receiver is in the receiver list. The Onkyo TX-NR696 is NOT in the list.

HDMI connections are with Verizon supplied HMDI cables with new Fios One TV Box one from box to receiver and then receiver to HMDI port on TV.

0 Likes