Not Solved: Widescreen Channel Guide
Poz1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I recently switched from Dish to Fios. My HD DVR channel guide sucks. I want the channel guide to spread out horizontally and fill the screen. I want to see more than 90 minutes of programming and I don't want the middle line zoomed in unless I select it.

This is a software problem that can be updated and downloaded to the DVR. I believe Dish's DVR is also a Motorola. It seems like trying to run a Dos program on a Win7 machine. This should be addressed!

0 Likes
Re: Not Solved: Widescreen Channel Guide
Poz1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I found: img 1.9 software that will be released soon. This should be an improvement over the existing guide.

Re: Not Solved: Widescreen Channel Guide
spacedebris
Master - Level 2

@Poz wrote:

I recently switched from Dish to Fios. My HD DVR channel guide sucks. I want the channel guide to spread out horizontally and fill the screen. I want to see more than 90 minutes of programming and I don't want the middle line zoomed in unless I select it.

This is a software problem that can be updated and downloaded to the DVR. I believe Dish's DVR is also a Motorola. It seems like trying to run a Dos program on a Win7 machine. This should be addressed!

Well like you said in your second post 1.9 will fix the widescreen portion. 1.9 will be giving a full HD guide.

For the rest of that, I wouldnt hold my breath. From what little I've seen (screenshots mostly) of the new 1.9 (in beta at the moment) the actual layout will not change. The center line is still going to be zoomed and it will still be limited to a 90 minute page.

The make of the box doesnt matter. Verizon designed and runs their own guide layout, and the info displayed is provided by a company called FYI. Dish uses a different supplier.

0 Likes