On Demand "more like this" popup
MrOctober771
Enthusiast - Level 3

Is there anyway to disable that popup? It takes up half the screen when it pops up. I know you can exit or rewind back and it goes away, but there should be a way just to stop it all together.

Re: On Demand "more like this" popup
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Look in settings. There are multiple pop ups and recommendations that can be disabled.

Just turn them all off.

As the exact options vary by STB, I can't say for sure on the exact one you are refering to.

But they are quite obvious by title.

MrOctober771
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have disabled those already, but the On Demand popup is still there.

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

What STB do you have and when exactly does it happen?

0 Likes
MrOctober771
Enthusiast - Level 3

VMS4100 and IPC4100. it happens about 10-15 before a show ends. The closing credit will start, but the show is still going.  On Hulu and other streaming sites, you'll get a 'next" pop up when the credits start. Fios just screwed up and put the "more like this" too early.

0 Likes
zaphod2000
Enthusiast - Level 2

Not only is it unwanted, I don’t need Verizon or anyone else to tell me what I’m missing, but with that “more like this” take forever to load so you’re stuck wasting time and energy pressing the buttons to get to what you really want/need!

0 Likes
zaphod2000
Enthusiast - Level 2

The last update in late 2020 was the worst ever!  I’ve had to call Verizon at leas ever 3-4 weeks because my system gets stuck.

The more junk they “advertise” the worst it is to pause, go forward, go backwards or just do anything!

0 Likes