On Demand screen freezes entire system
GingerBread2

Hello. After accessing the On Demand screen from the remote, the entire system freezes. I can only turn my TV on or off, but the cable box returns to the frozen On Demand screen. I can only fix this by unplugging the cable box and restarting. This has happenned twice in the last 24 hours. 

0 Likes
Re: On Demand screen freezes entire system
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

If on demand freezes it could be a few different issues. The box, wiring, splitters, or the router. I would call in a work with tech support or maybe have a tech come out. 

TVpotato

When you call for tech support, they charge a fee on your bill. What kind of mess is that? Fios is trash!

0 Likes
Seeker1437
Community Leader
Community Leader

Tech support is a free service (especially for this issue) I've had it happen before. They just had to send me a signal and it fixed it for me.

January9

On demand froze entire system twice in 24 hours.  The first time I was able to unfreeze it by unplugging the tv, waiting about 1 minute and then plugging back in.  Everything had to reload.  The 2nd time on demand froze, that solution did not work.  I unplugged everything: the tv, the dvd box, the other box. It did not work. Then I unplugged the tv again for 2 minutes and held down the tv on button while unplugged for 5 seconds (found this guidance online).

It worked!!!  Not sure if unplugging everything had anything to do with the fix or not, but I'm happily watching tv again😍

0 Likes
kh-gary
Moderator Emeritus

In order to keep discussion on the community current, this topic has been locked to prevent new replies. If you have a similar question or issue that you wish to discuss, then please feel free to post a new message on the most relevant board. Thanks!

0 Likes