OnDemand Freezing
VonGriz

Anyone have any solutions on how to get OnDemand to work? It freezes and/or gets a weird digital lines on the screen.

Rented a movie but it won't play. No other OnDemand shows work either on both TVs connected to Fios. Regular TV and Internet are working ok.

I did the "unplug router for 10 seconds" dance routine, but no luck.

Not impressed with this "upgraded" Fios.

Was on hold for almost 30 minutes and bailed on that mess. And I thought Comcast was bad. Yeouch!

0 Likes
Re: OnDemand Freezing
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

On Demand freezing can be anything from the wiring, splitters, router or the box itself. If rebooting doesn’t help you will probably have to schedule a tech visit. 

0 Likes
VonGriz

UPDATE:

Remote tech support did not solve OnDemand picture freezing and choppy audio problem. Tech is scheduled to come out and there's a chance I have to pay $99 for this tech to come out?? I just had this service installed two months ago and I have to pay for Verizon's problem? What a joke.

Terrible service.

Avoid Verizon Fios.

0 Likes
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

@VonGriz wrote:

UPDATE:

Remote tech support did not solve OnDemand picture freezing and choppy audio problem. Tech is scheduled to come out and there's a chance I have to pay $99 for this tech to come out?? I just had this service installed two months ago and I have to pay for Verizon's problem? What a joke.

Terrible service.

Avoid Verizon Fios.

It could really be a number of things that are out of your control. If it’s something outside on Verizon’s Network, the ONT, set-top box, or router there will be no charge to you. 

However Verizon can’t be responsible for the cabling in your house. If you had a broken pipe a plumber wouldn’t come to your house and fix it for free. 

0 Likes