OnDemand Not Updating
flmama2two

i'm in the tampa area and it appears the TV shows haven't been updated since last week.  this is getting really annoying.  the only show i could find that had an update past 8/1 was GMA on ABC for 8/4.  everything else was 8/1 or before.  anyone have any thoughts?

0 Likes
Re: OnDemand Not Updating
AlphaB
Contributor - Level 1

I have been noticing this also.  ABC Scoundrels has not been updated since 8/1.

I thought "On Demand" shows must show up 24 hours after the show originally aired.

0 Likes
lasagna
Community Leader
Community Leader

Does anyone know if On Demand listings come down "real time" to the STB's or are they staged to the boxes at particular times of day?  

Easy enough to test I guess ... unplug the STB for a minute and then plug it back in and let it regain it's sanity.   See if the On Demand stuff has updated.   

Somehow I'm thinking this comes down real time from the server, so sounds like it's something inside of Verizon On Demand that maybe isn't updating the shows.   It'll be interesting to see what others are seeing.   What area of the country are you from?  I know that people have previously reported seeing different behaviors in different parts of the country on issues like this ... so knowing where people are from might help pinpoint if it's a particular region that's having the issue or everywhere.

0 Likes
AlphaB
Contributor - Level 1

@lasagna wrote:

Does anyone know if On Demand listings come down "real time" to the STB's or are they staged to the boxes at particular times of day?  

Easy enough to test I guess ... unplug the STB for a minute and then plug it back in and let it regain it's sanity.   See if the On Demand stuff has updated.   

Somehow I'm thinking this comes down real time from the server, so sounds like it's something inside of Verizon On Demand that maybe isn't updating the shows.   It'll be interesting to see what others are seeing.   What area of the country are you from?  I know that people have previously reported seeing different behaviors in different parts of the country on issues like this ... so knowing where people are from might help pinpoint if it's a particular region that's having the issue or everywhere.

========================

Northeast - Southern New Jersey.

Going to try unplugging the STB tip & report back the results.

0 Likes
lasagna
Community Leader
Community Leader

OK ... I'm in South Central PA ... looking at my STB, it appears the latest Scoundrels is 8/1, but GMA is 8/12 and there are other titles which have recent dates.   Are you seeing the same thing?   Maybe it's a case of ABC not making the Scoundrels episode available for OnDemand download yet?

0 Likes
AlphaB
Contributor - Level 1

I am seeing the same thing.  Some shows have  not been updated since 8/1 yet others are updated to 8/12. 

I guess it is the "stations" that are not updating rather than Verizon.  

Thanks for the quick reply.

0 Likes