Optimum switch to FiOS and performance of phone quality, NetTalk VOIP line, and TV content
kjbegley007

OK, I always thought Verizon was a top tier tech + internet + Content (TV) vompany, and I expect top flight performance.  But, we had Optimum, and I had NO performance issues, I was very happy, and the wife mentioned switching to FiOS, but I said "NO" because Optimum was working so well...  I said "NO", soooooo, my wife switched to FiOS, efective the 2nd week of December...  I have been shocked, this has been THE WORST CONSUMER EXPERIENCE OF MY LIFE, without exaggeration.  My issues?  1) Phone quality SUCKED, but has improved to a C, but still not as clear as my MagicJack, which would get an A (yeah, I'm surprised too) OR my NetTalk VOIP line, which I owuld give a B or a B+ (aanother pleasant surprise).  2) TV content is good, I'd give it a B+, BUT the controller ease of use and the information avail. sucks, I'd give it a D+, at least compared to the Optimum controller.  I can't even go back 30 min. to check the name of the program or movie I just watched, or the year made, etc.  You can't easily see what's on MSNBC when watching CNN nearly as quickly and easily on FiOS.  Use and content information with the Optimum controller was SO MUCH better, I'd have to give it an A.  3) Internet... WiFi router in the SAME location, NOTHING except the switch from Optimum to FiOS, and my work PC connectivity was TERRIBLE, I mean T-E-R-R-I-B-L-E.  Swapped routers 2x & a little better.  Added a range extender & a little better, it improved to "it sucks".  Ran a temp co-al cable and I now have a hardwire connection, and the Ping is OK, the Dnload speed is 27-30 Mbps, which should be fine for my needs, but the Upload speed is 14-17, maybe 18 Mbps, and it never gets near the 'guarnteed' 25 Mbps.

THIS IS THE MOST FRUSTRATING ISSUE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...

NOW, the WORST issue is I have not been able to reliably watch any content on my PC.  EVERYONE I've spoken with encouraged me to use the app and watch on my phone or tablet.  I do not have a tablet & their website should work - but it rarely works as it us supposed to.  I have averaged 6-10 hours a week on the phone with support.  Support people log into MY PC, and EVERY time they end up saying their website is not working as it was supposed to.  I was told I can watch all the TV content on my PC, and for the last 9-10 years, I goto my home office 3-4 nights a week to get caught up and ready for the next day, but w/o noise, I fall asleep, I NEED to watch content in the evenings (no noise & I fall asleep, music is too rythmic & I fall asleep).  This si the way I operate, that is what I need, and the Verizon website is ARCHAIC in it's operation & function.  It is slow, non-intuitive, clunky, if just SUCKS.  I like the Velosity channel, and I have asked since January, where I can see it on the Verizon website, but no one could figure out how to show me, then finally, (on or about) 2/25, a support guy said Velosity was unavailable... unless I use the FiOS app!  SO, I've played with the FiOS app... it is easier to find and watch content using the app, and there is MORE content avail. when using the app.  I'm told they have been working on 'fixing' watching content from the website for the LAST THREE YEARS!  3 years?  REALLY?!?!?!  Verizon is a tech + internet company... people should have started to be fired after the first 10-12 months.  SIMPLE QUESTION...  There is software allowing Android apps to be used on PC's.  Since the Verizon site would need to improve a LOT to get to the point that it SUCKS, and your Android app does NOT SUCK, why not AT LEAST provide software to allow people to use your app on our PC's???  Easily 50% of the HOURS I have spent with FiOS support has been because the content access via your website is BAD BEYOND BELIEF, I would think that someone working at FiOS for more than a week could have and should have come up with that idea, so... HOW ABOUT IT!!!

PS - Support people keep suggesting I buy a tablet to watch the content, but I'm stubborn & I sould not have to.

PSS - Only 1 support person has told me they have personally used the website to watch anything, and even that guy used it once recently to watch a cooking show!

PSSS - I'd have swithced back to Optimum back in December, but the wife handles all the home 'stuff', and she is Greek (anyone who has dated a Greek girl understands already, ...    She does not want to give back the debit card incentive, but she is fed up too, so I expect we will switch back before FiOS gets their act together)

0 Likes
Re: Optimum switch to FiOS and performance of phone quality, NetTalk VOIP line, and TV content
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.

Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions.

To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".

Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes