Outraged at horrible service
Leighhurley
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have never taken the time to complain in a public forum but Verizon, congrats, you have finally gotten me to this point. My husband and I have been wasting hundres of dollars on our verizon services to include, phone, internet (which only works sometimes), cell phones and cable (which there were always issues with this too).  We decided to transfer our service to our new place because, let's face it, Comcast and Verizon...it's like choosing the lesser of two evils...at least Verizon we wouldn't have to pay AS MUCH to transfer service.

So...we set up to transfer service over a week ago and were all set up for installation today. Great!  NOPE!  Yesterday morning my husband received an email saying installation would be cancelled.  He called customer service and they said that the issue was resvoled (something with a port) and someone would be out tomorrow (which is today).  Wonderful! NOPE.  Last night at 9pm my husband got another email with the subject line something like "Confirmation of Cancellation of Service Set-Up".  REALLY?!  You make it sound exciitng and that we infact requested to have our installation cancelled...well...we didn't.  So, upon receving the email around 10 pm (because we don't check our email every 2 minutes) I called the 1800 number to talk with customer service.  After 1.5 hours the lady said she'd follow up tomorrow and schedule for someone to come out and confirm in the morning.  Great!  NOPE! 

I woke up this morning to find ALL OF OUR SERVICES TURNED OFF! And, of course, no call from the customer service rep from last night.  Or maybe she tried but my landline was disconnected. Oh, forgot to add, I work from home and ever person we've talked to along the way was told that.  I have to have service, this is why we were paying for double service to guarantee there was no interruption. So....after 3 hours of being on the phone with customer service this morning we re-established our internet and phone but not my work phone #.  They couldn't give that to me because it was part of the work order which was AND STILL IS NOT being worked on.  The fix?  A random phone number.  Guess what Verizon, I can't give customers a RANDOM PHONE NUMBER.  The customer service rep said she'd keep working with technical support and get to the bottom of this. Also, the current phone number that all my customers and colleagues know when called says "THIS NUMBER HAS BEEN DISCONNECTED".  That's exactly what a customer wants to hear! Thanks again Verizon! Especially after you confirmed people would be lead to my voicemail.  NOPE!  Oh, and the solution I had to agree with...the recording now says something like "THIS LINE HAS BEEN DISCONNECTED AT THE REQUEST OF THE SUBSCRIBER.  PLEASE REACH THEM AT (PHONE NUMBER OF MY CHOICE).  Sure, a prospect is definitely going to jot down a random number and try to call me again!  After all, they are DYING to work with me (sarcasm).  Great fix Verizon...two thumbs up!

5 hours later - no call back.  So I called the 1800 customer service # (which I should just have memorized at this point) to go through all the prompts and after forever, someone picked up. 

A similar situation emerged and the conclusion was that lady from this morning would be calling me in 30 minutes.  Great! NOPE!

I got the call in 30 minutes, thank you for that. The end result:

We need a port installed which Verizon is not going to get to until the 28th or 29th and they they need X amount of time for it to update...leaving us with the first time they can transfer our services to Janaury 30th.  I just have to say UNACCEPTABLE. 

I called Xfinity out of desperation to find out that, since my office number is disconnected right now, they can't transfer it. I have to PAY MORE MONEY to reactivate it - that is if Verizon will even do it.  And I highly doubt that'll happen.  And Xfinity said even if they do, there's all sorts of issues transferring #s so they don't recommend it.  Guess what that means, I'm STUCK with this horrible excuse for a company.  I literally feel like I am being held captive.  I have been lied to, cheated, and forced to waste unacceptable amounts of time with this crap.  And all to reach the end of, well basically,

Verizon's motto "WE WILL GET TO IT WHEN WE FEEL LIKE IT."  

I am so trememdously outraged and disgusted I can't even see straight.  Good work Verizon! I look forward to working with you and paying you outlandish fees for NOTHING.

0 Likes
Re: Outraged at horrible service
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.
Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".
Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Re: Outraged at horrible service
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep
Hello Leighhurley,

Unfortunately due to non response we will close the private thread. If you still need help with your second line for work or ever need anything else, please let us know in a new public thread.

Thank you,
-Jeramy
0 Likes