P265 Remote & Sharp 60" TV Problem
renegade54

I have a Sharp 60" TV and the p265 remote seems to have a hard time controlling it. When I use the remote to do anything (adjust volume, change the aspect ratiio ie: wide, cinema, zoom etc.) the p265 will then change these same parameters on the TV every time I use the remote for doing anything. When using the guide to browse the channels, the volume changes in the last direction I had been changing moving it (volume up or volume down). The mute and A/V buttons also don't work properly, they both mute the volume but the A/V button only does the muting, not the A/V function. I believe I have the wrong remote code for the TV but the only one listed for a Sharp Tv is 342. Does anyone know any other remote codes for Sharp TV's I can try?

0 Likes
Verizon Remotes do not work with Sharp TVs for controlling volume.
markvs

I have the same problem with a brand new Sharp 43".

After hours on the phone with 5 different tech support folks (including one from India that couldn't speak English) I was told that their remotes do not work with Sharp TVs (code 342) for volume.

Their remotes to not work with Dynex TVs either for volume control

Comcast, when I had them, had remotes that worked fine. But, Verizon is stiffing us with remotes that are {word filter avoidance}.

I see only three choices.

1. Use your TV remote for controlling volume

2. Go out and buy a Harmony universal remote (or similar quality)

3. Cancel your Verizon FIOS TV

I am leaning towards option 3.

0 Likes