Pepsi IPLT20 2015
WICricketFan

I recently discovered that ESPN has won the broadcasting rights for the Pepis IPLT20 2015 Season, just as they did for the ICC World Cup Tournament.  MOreover, as was the case with the ICC World Cup Tournament, they will be charging a fee ($79.99) for all of the Indian Pepsi IPL T20 2015 matches.

For many of the Cricket enthusiasts, like myself, who purchased WILLOW TV (Sports Package) with the intent of enjoying the viewing of both these prestigous LIVE Tournaments previously on WILLOW TV (channel 806) we WILL NOT BE ABLE TO DO SO NOW FOR THE NEXT 3 YEARS as ESPN has secured that braoadcasting right. 

Given this, I would like to know if any steps or thoughts have been explored by Verizon with ESPN to offer this highly viewed Tournament(IPLT20 ) which starts on April 8, 2015 for its Valued CRICKET FANS and SUPPORTERS to WATCH the LIVE  IPLT20 through ESPN even if it through PPV.   This tournament, as evidenced by the recent Broadcasting purchase made by the BRITISH/ENGLAND NETWORKS is clearly a WIDELY prospective "$" winner.  

I am hopeful that if no discussion have already been entertained that this messagewill prompt such inquiry into meeting its CRICKETING FAN base in the USA VERIZON FIOS WORLD.  If no action(s) are taken to address or at the very least test out this ESPN prospect, FIOS will discover that WILLOW TV viewing will be diminished significantly, especially given the constantf REPEATS and REPEATS of previously recorded matches which are used to "Buy Time " until WILLOW TV next authorized LIVE CRICKET broadcast. 

Live Cricket sells and We would LOVE the opportunity to WATCH it on our VERIZON FIOS .......please.

0 Likes
Re: Pepsi IPLT20 2015
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

based on the info here: http://espn.go.com/espncricket2015/faq

looks like ESPN has chosen to offer this only by subscription.

And this is a peer to peer forum.
Verizon does not answer questions here.

And typically never answer requests as to content negotiations.

0 Likes