Philadelphia WYBE France24 Loses SD HD Picture - Why? Sept 2015
Haybale
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am very disappointed and upset about suddenly finding FRANCE 24 (FIOSch477) MINDTV-WYBE 35.2 losing it’s SD/HD transmission quality, especially as I am directly in the broadcast area of WYBE, Philadelphia. Verizon FIOS is obligated to retransmit local broadcast stations in Braodcast quality. About one week ago I noticed the picture is square and cuts off the left and right portions of the image and screen, eliminating significant content. This station provides brilliant coverage of the Asylum Crisis in Europe, the political crisis of Greece, and the Financial challenges in the Euro zone, just for starters. It also provides cultural exposure to the Europe and the Middle East, and just the other day it provided about 20 minutes of news on the Pope’s tour of Cuba.  You won't get that on many US stations. 

To delete or purposefully interfere with a public TV local broadcast station is a franchise violation and certainly seems to be an improper survey of the customer base to determine viewership interest. Let this stand as a loud and vocal call to remedy this immediately.

I'd prefer to write directly or email FIOS directly.  Why won't FIOS give us an address to write to for station requests or complaints?  My wife and I truly enjoy this station.

Anybody at Verizon listening?

0 Likes
Re: Philadelphia WYBE France24 Loses SD HD Picture - Why? Sept 2015
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

This is mainly a peer to peer support forum.

Maybe it is a problem at the station.

Have you tried to contact them?

0 Likes
Re: Philadelphia WYBE France24 Loses SD HD Picture - Why? Sept 2015
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Hello Haybale

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.

Please go to your profile page here on the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions.

To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".

Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes