Phillies Baseball and the internet MLB
TeamBricktucky
Enthusiast - Level 2

This is a two part question . 1st why the hell cann't I see any Phillies games? They are never shown on the exrta innings package Why?  like i really want to watchTeams/ games from out west. I get all those game but no phillies. I can not understand why if a phillies game is not on CSN why it isn't shown on the extra inning package. Hell I would take the other teams broadcast, but I do not get that . Time after time I'm forced to watch the game in the small box were the extra innings game score guide is. so far I hate Verizon Fios... if they can not help I'm going back to comcast.

My next question is , If I was to by the MLB internet sevice(being able to watch games on the internet) can I watch games on the internet on my TV. another words can I watch something from the web on my tv?

0 Likes
Re: Phillies Baseball and the internet MLB
Keyboards
Master - Level 3

Where are you located?  If you are in the Philly DMA then odds are that if CSN or CN aren't carrying it there are still probably other exclusivity (blackout) issues with FOX or ESPN or whomever is carrying the game.

0 Likes
TeamBricktucky
Enthusiast - Level 2

I live in cenral Jersey(brick).    what does DMA mean?  That doesn't anwser the question because if you look up the network that the phillies games are being played on  you will see it should be on CSN but everytime game time starts something other then a phillies game is shown. Also what good is Extra innings package if I do not get  a single Phillies game on it EVER. why isn't the game show  on the other teams network, if it isn't shown on a phillies network. It should be shown on extra innings and shouldn't matter what network . On DIRECT TV  i got choices and seen just about every phillies game most of the time it was a phillies network but at least I had choices for channels to watch the game. Fios blows for this and their extra innings package is a Joke.

0 Likes
Keyboards
Master - Level 3

The DMA (designated marketing area - see THIS LINK) is the what the FCC (and cable and satellite companies) use to define what broadcast area you are in and what stations are must carry and what blackouts apply.  If you get Philly CSN then I don't know whay you don't have the games on CSN.  Does Brick get only Philly, only NY or both broadcast channels.

0 Likes
TeamBricktucky
Enthusiast - Level 2

when we had comcast we got both Philly and NY broadcasts. we use to get  WPHL 17, now we do not. we only get NY channels.

can anyone anwser if I can watchshow/games/ things from the internet, on my TV. I have the DVR box. The reason why I ask is I'll pay the 100.00 dollars to get the MLB internet game package if I can watch the games on my tv and on any tv in the house. 

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend
Must of the time when its blacked outits just found on a different station

Use the sports blackout tool locator to find what channel its playing on

http://www22.verizon.com/ResidentialHelp/FiOSTV/Guide/TV+Programming/QuestionsOne/128357.htm

You put your zip code and it tells you if it is blacked or or not and what channel its playing on instead
0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend
And my ps 3 has few mlb.tv so I can watch mlb from my ps3 on my tv. If you don't have a ps3 mlb is also on internet capable devices like a roku player and newer bluray players.
0 Likes
cxg331
Contributor - Level 1

A number of Phillies games this year have been on The Comcast Network, which is available in SD only on FiOS (channel 99).  A few times, the Phillies were scheduled to be on ESPN, but that was blacked out due to the game being on TCN.  Hoping that once hockey is over, Phillies games move back to CSN Philly, because it stinks to have to watch Phils games in SD.

0 Likes
IWanttowatch

The Phillies not on MLB?. So what am I paying for?

I finally found the game on channel 99. **bleep**?

0 Likes