Picture Aspect in Netflix
wichee
Enthusiast - Level 2

Why can't I adjust the picture aspect when watching Netflix?  I have HD TV but when watching a Netflix movie, I'm unable to 'zoom' in order to get rid of the black bars.

0 Likes
Re: Picture Aspect in Netflix
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Alot of the newer shows on Netflix are filmed in ultrawide 21:9 ratio. That’s how a director intends you to view it. If you zoom in you will cut off sides of the picture. The reason there is letterboxing is because HDTVs are 16:9. I don’t think Netflix give the option but you can use the remote that came with the TV to chage the aspect. 

Re: Picture Aspect in Netflix
wichee
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks.  I've tried the TV remote, that doesn't do it either.  What's the point of having a big screen when it's being cut off with these black bars.  It's the worst idea anyone has ever come up with!  I won't watch any Netflix movies that have a the bars ...none of the shows have them.  

I appreciate your feedback...maybe I should take it up with Netflix...lol.  I have the same issue with Amazon...cannot change the aspect ratio.  YET if you view either on a computer, you can go "Full Screen"

0 Likes