Picture Freezing
bwolf1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I upgraded to the quantum service about 30 days ago and have experience nothing but problems.  Just after I turn the TV on my picture freezes on certain channels.  I called for service to come out and take a look and after two separate visits the problem still exists.  They did change an upgrade the splitter and reset all of the boxes and still every once in a while I get a picture that freezes.  Before I return all the equipment and go back to the regular Fio's service or to another brand is there anyone that has any ideas on what to do?

Not a very happy customer.

BW

0 Likes
Re: Picture Freezing
andrewhome

I have had the same issue and even documented it by recording the actual occurances on my phone.  I have had three good techs come a total of 5 times.  The ONT, all splitters and drv's and clients have been replaced.  I have heard on the internet that there is a software problem with a memory leak that is causing the problem (this is similar to a problem Windows95/98 had).  I can replicate the problems over and over mostly during prime time on network channels more than others.  So far no one has been able to fix the problem.  I am considering switching to the competition until the issues are resolved.  Don't let anyone tell you you are the only one and that its YOUR wireing problem it is not.

0 Likes
bwolf1
Enthusiast - Level 1

My fix was getting a new media box....the main box. Since that has been replaced, all good so far. Been about a week so far.

0 Likes
andrewhome

I've replaced my main main DVR server box 3 times with no improvement.

However, I have been notified from Verizon that a software fix is only 2-3 weeks away....

0 Likes
bushleaguer
Enthusiast - Level 3

I've been having this problem off and on as well. As noted by andrew, it's a software issue so getting new boxes won't fix it.

What you can do untl the software is fixed is reboot your boxes once every few days. This seems to minimize some of the software issues for whatever reason.

0 Likes
WGRock

Has anyone successfully solved this problem which is getting worse as time goes forward?  I am experiencing picture freezes and lsoo of audio every day and it is not related to wiring or connections.  I have 6 boxes, one of which is the multi-room DVR and it doesn't matter which box I'm watching on, the problem occurs on all channels.  This is extreemly frustrating given the cost of the FiOS service.  This is the regular FiOS service, not the Quantum service.

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

You say it is not wiring or connections.

Have you checked to make sure that the cabling is good starting at the ONT to the first splitter?

If you have done that, then you need to contact support.

Next most likely scenario is the ONT is going bad.

0 Likes