Pixelating
anzio
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have a problem with one channel (285) pixelating to the point that I cannot see or hear anything.  It happens on both set top boxes (HD and SD).  When I talked to tech support yesterday, after several reboots and test, I was told that is was probably a splitter that split the two lines (one to the HD box and one to the SD box).  The only place that splitter could be is outside since both cables to the boxes enter through the wall (one upstairs and one downstairs).  I was also told that I would have to replace the splitter because Verizon only services Verizon products.  Verizon installed the lines when I purchased FiOS and I am paying each month for all the channels in my package, so I don't understand why Verizon won't provide the service that I am paying for.  Does anyone else have a similar issue?

Re: Pixelating
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Unless you have paid for line maintenance, Verizon doesn't repair the cables and splitters in your house.

Find where the splitter is.
Check tomake sure your connections are tight.

Maybe even remove and reconnect.

If that doesn't clear it up, try a new one.

Ypu can find them at a lot of stores (Lowes, Home Depot, Best Buy).

Just make sure it says 2GHz and bidirectional.

0 Likes
anzio
Enthusiast - Level 2

I do pay for Inside Wire Maintenance.

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

So if you are paying a separate charge for inside line maintenance for FIOS ( I know they had it for phone service wasn't sure if they offered for cable TV), then you need to contact support back and tell them you are paying for wire maintenance and they need to dispatch. It is not very common that people pay for it so they probably assumed you didn't have it.

0 Likes
Infrared13
Enthusiast - Level 1

I just started experiencing pixelation issue with a handful of random HD channels. After being on the phone with support and resetting literally every device in my house and swapping out coax cables and splitters. I finally unscrewed the part of the ONT that said craft access, unplugged the fiber cable and plugged it back in. After that ALL my pixelation issues went away, and the picture actually looks better than before. You will need a small socket to get it open. Verizon probably doesnt want customers doing this since fiber cable can be delicate, but if they just said to do this from the start i would've saved myself 4 hours of time.

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

They had you do the most common fixes first.

Can't say that I have ever heard anyone else say they unplugged and replug fiber cable to restore.

0 Likes