Pixelation troubleshooting
curmudgeon
I had trouble with pixelation from installation date (6/26/08). Installation tech asked if I had this problem before--I said no. After he made some adjustment the problem disappeared (until after his departure). Didn't use this set until Olympics & pixelations, sound problems & intermittent blackouts occurred. My first reaction was THIS CAN"T BE FIOS so I'd better buy a new TV. Then sanity returned & I got my 12" TV with the fios digital adapter box & started troble shooting.
Step 1. replaced pixelating TV with 12" TV --problem persisted. ;i.e. nothing wrong with my TV
Step 2. Plugged TV directly into cable terminal --no problem ;i.e. trouble not in cable input but in downstream components.
Step 3. Substituted fios digital adapter for STB box--VOILA !! problem disappeared
Step 4. Called fios tech support. Told them my trouble shooting steps. They said they'll send a repleacement STB box & transferred me to a business/billing office to complete steps for getting new box only to be told that the original installation order is not listed as complete & they couldn't send a replacement STB until the original order is listed as complete. Told me to call back Thursday & hopefully I can then request a new box.

Oh for the good old days of regulation & C&P telephone Co. customer service.

Curmudgeon
0 Likes