Pixilation
sdistefano11725
Enthusiast - Level 2
I've been seeing pixilation on my TVs. Just got off the phone with Verizon. I was told its most likely a bad splitter. According to my box my signal is good. All my cables and any splitters were replaced when I switched to Verizon 2 years ago. Anybody else have problems with pixilation? I don't want to waste another day waiting for someone to play guessing games just to continue receive poor quality picture.
Re: Pixilation
asparagus2
Enthusiast - Level 3

No it is not just you.

I noticed about 15 glitches an hour on HBO HD last night.

Right now FX HD is glitching almost non stop; noticing minor glitches on many channels.

The service menu in the box is not showing any reception errors but there appears to be a transport stream continuity error to accompany each glitch.  The box is receiving the signal with the errors in it.

I didn't bother calling tech support because I know the problem isn't a splitter or wiring; just hoping it gets fixed soon.

Same thing happened about 2 weeks ago and after a couple days it was fixed... and it happened a few weeks before that too.

I checked with a couple people who I know with FiosTV who are seeing similar glitching.

edit:  looks like FX HD has already improved since I posted.

sdistefano11725
Enthusiast - Level 2
I'm sure this will be deleted but I switched from Optimum because of this same problem. Verizon is no better!!! Ugggg
0 Likes
un2gsus1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am experiencing the same things.  Just got off from Technical Svs and they had me switch HDTV cable ends, and she reset my  DVR box.  It slowed a bit, but it is still present.  I ordered an upgrade box to the 500 GB box and I will get new cables.

I hope this stops the pixilation and blanking out of picture and sound.

If not I will have them come out and change the cables and spliters.

I am paying enough for the service, they should bend over backwards for us!

Scott-SoCal
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yes...

Happens sporadically but many times every day now, on all our STB's, regardless of channel,  a drop/loss of audio (at times) will occur also (together and separate). And occasionally it will corrupt some internet data transmissions also. Is something new that started happening recently, about the same time as the new high speed internet roll out. It very much resembles bad weather problems when we had satellite TV. But it can't be, since it happens too much, and it's every day now. And it seems to be worse during higher traffic times...but that could just be my perception.

It is a slight temporary loss of, delay, or corruption of data for some reason. But I have not got a handle on it yet. So cannot say if the our issues are related.

Claymore1

I have a wireless set top.   Pixelates constantly. Has anyone used extender to boost signal from router

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

As this thread is now over eight years old, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes