Poor support
btuber
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am a Verizon FIOS customer in Massachusetts. I also do PC tech support and troubleshooting for clients, some of whom are FIOS customers themselves.

I got a call this morning from a somewhat elderly client, whose TV was showing no picture, and was displaying a message having something to do with "no input". He called Verizon about it, and was told by someone in a call center in India that his network was infected with the Zeus trojan, and that for $150 they could send someone out to his house to fix it. This despite the fact that that his computer was working just fine and that it was the TV that was the problem.

I did some troubleshooting with him myself, and managed to talk him through switching the input on his TV to the source for the cable box, which fixed things. Why the Verizon tech he spoke with could not come up with the same solution I am not exactly sure.

I just wanted to say something about the somewhat predatory tech support practices that Verizon seems to be following these days, if the type of response my client received from them is typical. And since there is no way to send Verizon an actual email anymore, I am posting something here.

Barry

Re: Poor support
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

FYI, this is mainly a user supported board.

0 Likes