Popping Noise from VMS4100 DVR
Porthos641

I’ve had my VMS4100 for several months and over the past 2-3 weeks a problem has developed.  I’ve connected my unit (audio) to my Denon receiver via optical, and HDMI for video.  HDMI from receiver is directly connected to my Toshiba TV.

The problem only happens when I watch a recorded show from the DVR.  Sometimes, when I stop the recording and exit to either Live TV or DCVR, there is a very, very loud popping noise coming through the receiver that only stops if I shut off the VMS4100.  Turning off the Denton receiver does not stop the noise.

I’ve swapped the optical and HDMI cables but the problem remains.  Any suggestions?

0 Likes
Re: Popping Noise from VMS4100 DVR
clem21
MVP MVP
MVP

@Porthos64 wrote:

I’ve had my VMS4100 for several months and over the past 2-3 weeks a problem has developed.  I’ve connected my unit (audio) to my Denon receiver via optical, and HDMI for video.  HDMI from receiver is directly connected to my Toshiba TV.

The problem only happens when I watch a recorded show from the DVR.  Sometimes, when I stop the recording and exit to either Live TV or DCVR, there is a very, very loud popping noise coming through the receiver that only stops if I shut off the VMS4100.  Turning off the Denton receiver does not stop the noise.

I’ve swapped the optical and HDMI cables but the problem remains.  Any suggestions?

Try powercycling the box, unplug power for 3 minutes then plug back in and turn on. Try a different input on the receiver and see if it continues. Also check the way the power cords are plugged in. Make sure they are tight and plugged into the same outlet. If nothing helps you may have a bad box and need to get it replaced. Also why not use the audio embedded in the HDMI stream from the box?

0 Likes