Preferred HD channel lineup
bevis999
Enthusiast - Level 1

My wife and I are not happy with Verizon Fios right now!  We just learned that Logo is not in our channel line up anymore even though it is still listed on the online channel line up for the Preferred HS.  We called customer service and to ask why when we changed the channel to Logo it was saying that we currently did not subscribe to this channel.  Apparently there was a change made back on April 6! Almost 1 week ago.  We have received no messages on our set top box or email notifications about this change.  Everyone knew about the Weatherchannel change.  What is going on Verizon?  Part of the reason we left Scamcast was because of the constant changes, now Verizon is doing the same... What other channel line up changes are planned to take place.  Also we just upgraded our plan from Select HD to Preferred HD and this is the thanks we get!  Now we pay for less channels but oh we get the movie channels, big woop!

Re: Preferred HD channel lineup
Nemo86
Enthusiast - Level 1

I just joined to post the same thing.  Logo was one of the reasons I upped my plan, and I don't appreciate it disappearing with no notification.  Why was this channel dropped and why was there no notification?

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

I found this in my February bill:

On or after April 6, 2015:
Channel 187, Logo, and channel 1660, MTV tr3s, will be removed
from the FiOS TV Preferred HD package.

Channels 1665 (SD) and 721 (HD), CMT, and channels 1707 (SD)
and 741 (HD), TV Land, will be removed from the FiOS TV Mundo
and FiOS TV Mundo Total packages.

Channel and rate changes are usually found on your bill (most of us don't bother to read them anymore).

0 Likes
cyber5646

Same issue here. Spent an hour on the phone because the display, and the 1st rep I spoke with, said that I was subscribed to it. Super frustrating.

0 Likes
Traymonda
Just found out this channel was pulled. Completely ridiculous. No sort of discount being offered from LOSING a channel but boy are they ready to take your money on upgrading your package. Logo was the only reason we got the preferred package to begin with, not cool Verizon.
0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

It actually was a surprise when they added Logo to the preferred package.  Undoubtably because of negotiations requiring it by the owners of Logo. Not surprised to hear it has now been removed.  And of course the Verizon agreement clearly says they can make changes in the lineup whenever they want.

0 Likes
morwesong

This is so frustrating!! I upgraded about a week and a half ago to Preferred specifically for Logo. NOT ONE PERSON told me that it was going to be taken away from the Preferred lineup. So annoyed right now!!

0 Likes
Channel 187 - LOGO TV is gone!
sultanamet

I tried to tune to LOGO TV, channel 187 (included in my PREFERRED HD package) and it is currently showing that I am not subscribed...  After calling the FiOS troubleshooting line and spoke to a representative, it turns out that this network is currently out of any FiOS lineup as a result of some contract issues.

Verizon FiOS should send out a communication to its customers so that we don't go around in circles trying to find out why channel 187, LOGO TV, is unavailable even though the channel is indeed part of its package.  Verizon FiOS did a good proactive communication when THE WEATHER CHANNEL was about to exit the FiOS lineup; we had some notice.

Verizon FiOS, please send out a communication as soon as possible advising your customers of the issue so we are not wasting our time calling the repair dept, performing all these diagnostics to later find out that the channel is no longer available at this time in any FiOS TV package lineup.

Thank you,

Javier

0 Likes
Re: Channel 187 - LOGO TV is gone!
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Couple of comments:

1) Search is your friend. There was already a thread started on this issue: http://forums.verizon.com/t5/FiOS-TV-Programming/Preferred-HD-channel-lineup/m-p/787092/highlight/tr...

2) As stated in that thread, it was in the February bill (at least mine) that Logo was going to be removed from the Preferred plan. That is where Verizon communicates channel changes.

0 Likes
Logo channel
zsazsa3

Not happy at all that the logo channel is gone this is crap I specifically made sure it was part of my package and now 4 months later its gone and I get a bull story from a rep 

0 Likes