Problem with purchased series bundle
SL311

On September 12, 2018, I purchased The Handmaids Tale Season 2 bundle on my Verizon Fios account for $34.99.  I watched the first 5 episodes without issue.  While watching episode 6, after viewing about 65 percent of the episode, the program stopped and the screen returned to the On Demand menu.  I went on to view episode 7 and realized that I’d missed critical plot material from episode 6.  I watched episode 7 and the same problem occurred, with the episode stopping approximately two thirds through the episode.  I tried resuming the episodes.  When I clicked on the resume selection, I got another menu at the bottom of the screen that gave me the option to resume or restart. When I chose “resume” there was a “LOADING” notice in the upper right corner of the screen, but there was no successful load, only a return to the On Demand menu.  I also tried to restart both episodes, but the same issue occurred, with the episodes stopping two thirds through and returning to the On Demand menu page.

On September 15, 2018, I contacted Verizon Fios Customer Service from the website via chat.  I was instructed to disconnect and reconnect numerous cables and then Mohammed, the customer service chatter tried to sell me a download upgrade.  I declined this, because we have had no other download issues with shows that we purchase or with files that we download.  The chatter then indicated that he would have to refer my problem to a different level of tech support.  I received an email opening a repair ticket that stated that my issue would be repaired by 9:52 pm on September 18, 2018.

On September 18 at 2:10 pm, I received an email informing me that my repair ticket had been resolved.  I tried to resume episode 6 and the same problem occurred.  I also tried to resume episode 7 and the same defect occurred.  I then contacted Verizon Fios Customer Service via telephone call and spoke to Guddich (not sure about the spelling).  We were again instructed to disconnect numerous cables and reboot set top boxes.  The problem was still not resolved.  However, now when I select episode 6 of The Handmaid’s Tale, there is no resume or restart option.  Instead, there is only an option to purchase the episode for $1.99.  Guddich then told us that we would have to agree to have a technician come to the house and that we might have to pay for it.  I suggested to Guddich that the downloaded bundle might have been defective or there that it might have become corrupted, and that perhaps the bundle could be redownloaded.  This would have to be done by Verizon so that I would not be charged.  Guddich said that this was not the problem.  Guddich then scheduled the technician at my house for 9am to 11am on September 20, 2018.    I then received an email from Verizon Fios stating that another repair ticket has been created for my service trouble and it would be resolved on 09/20 by 9pm.”  The scheduled appointment time of 9am to 11am came and went, and the technician did not show up or call.  It is now 9:54pm on September 20 and Verizon has not solved my problem.  Anyone else ever had a problem with a purchased movie or series bundle?

0 Likes
Re: Problem with purchased series bundle
kh-gary
Moderator Emeritus
Hi SL31,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Message Inbox for a message from Verizon_Support. You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents, who will be assisting you privately.
0 Likes