Problems with HBOgo on Samsung Smart TV
Fredburgguy
Enthusiast - Level 2
I was watching the app yesterday when it crashed. I tried to log back in but no success. Today I am trying to register my TV again, but when I login to activate it says I don't have HBO with my Verizon FiOS subscription. Which I clearly do have since I am watching it on my TV now. Is this a Verizon issue or a hbogo actvation issue?
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Problems with HBOgo on Samsung Smart TV
Fredburgguy
Enthusiast - Level 2
The next day I was able to register my TV no problem. I am assuming that there was a glitch in one of the two systems the day I posted this thread.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

make sure you are using the right credentials a lot of people have a couple Verizon accoor unts.   try to go to www.verizon.com/fiostvonline and log in and see if you can watch it, or go to hbogo.com and see if it takes your credentials there.     or start a chat to find out which ones you "should" be using

0 Likes
CapnBry

I also had this happen to me yesterday. I launched the HBO GO app on my Roku box and it came up saying that I don't have HBO and need to re-activate. Go through the HBO GO website, logging into my Verizon FIOS account and HBO GO says "It appears that your Verizon FiOS TV subscription does not include HBO."

However, checking my Verizon TV package it clearly says I do have HBO. The account is current and I have always paid on time. It looks like something is clearly broken in the HBO GO / Verizon data exchange.

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

@CapnBry wrote:

I also had this happen to me yesterday. I launched the HBO GO app on my Roku box and it came up saying that I don't have HBO and need to re-activate. Go through the HBO GO website, logging into my Verizon FIOS account and HBO GO says "It appears that your Verizon FiOS TV subscription does not include HBO."

However, checking my Verizon TV package it clearly says I do have HBO. The account is current and I have always paid on time. It looks like something is clearly broken in the HBO GO / Verizon data exchange.

Time to contact Verizon, and may have to do so during Business Hours.

0 Likes
Fredburgguy
Enthusiast - Level 2
The next day I was able to register my TV no problem. I am assuming that there was a glitch in one of the two systems the day I posted this thread.
0 Likes
brbarnyc

**bleep**, sam thing happend to me today, i do have HBO but i am not abel to watch HBOgo becuase Verizon claims that it is not included in the packahge!!Smiley Mad

**bleep** it verizon, get it together

0 Likes
gpv

This issue stems from an Akamai change that switched all traffic from SSL to TLS. Samsung has indicated that they are working on a firmware patch for 2012 models to support TLS.  If you would like further information please call Samsung.

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

INteresting.  I wonder if this is also related to the FIOS app no longer working on Samsung Smart Tv's?

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

HBO Go works fine for me.

Never heard that the issue that affects the FIOS APP has affected any other apps on Samsung TVs.

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

Just got a fix, presumably for this, on My Samsung TV.  "E" series tvs.  At least for me its working again.

0 Likes