Problems with set top boxes and remotes
Bettie1

Today, we are having trouble changing channels on our HD set top box and all of our standard set top boxes.  Can't change channels with the remotes or by using the buttons on the set top boxes themselves.  We CAN turn on and off the set top boxes with remotes, although FIOS is quite sluggish today.  And we CAN adjust the volume.  But we are stuck on the last channel we watched on any given TV in our house.  Can't seem to get through to Verizon by phone (have been on hold for 35 minutes now ....  And all the fixes on the Verizon website just take me in circles.  Is anyone else having similar problems today?

0 Likes
Re: Problems with set top boxes and remotes
btanchors
Enthusiast - Level 3

I am having the same exact problem!  No response to remote for changing channels, nor on the channel button directly on the STB.  Mine is a standard (Not HD) box.  I tried resetting the box, and rebooting it, but this did not help.

0 Likes
btanchors
Enthusiast - Level 3

FYI - this STB worked fine yesterday (11/29).  I experienced the problem for the first time when turning on the STB today (11/30).  No changes have been made to the cabling.  Since I'm not the only one with this problem, I suspect some sort of update was pushed out last night.  My STB is model QIP2500-2.

HELP!!!

0 Likes
btanchors
Enthusiast - Level 3

I just communicated with Verizon via chat - they ran a couple of tests and resets, but I still have the problem, so they are sending me a new STB...

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Bettie,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and scroll down the page to an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name located above your post, or at the top right of this page.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, you may subscribe to the case. At the top right of your support case there is a gear icon which provides a drop down menu with support case options. Click that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi btanchors,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and scroll down the page to an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name located above your post, or at the top right of this page.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, you may subscribe to the case. At the top right of your support case there is a gear icon which provides a drop down menu with support case options. Click that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes