Publish the port forwarding rules and req. for customers to use the FiOS TV features they pay for!
prisaz
Legend
0 Likes
Re: Publish the port forwarding rules and requirements for customers to use the features they pay fo
Hubrisnxs
Legend

Here they are, but - yes it would be great if Verizon published these, or at the very least linked to Actiontec's Website, where they publish the rules as well.   or at least sticky some of these instructions here in the forums.   

Instructional Video's and step by step detailed instructions for port forwarding

I put my vote in. 
EDIT:  I Didn't realize you were asking for the port forwarding rules to the features, I should have read better.     But yes I agree with that too.   
0 Likes
Re: Publish the port forwarding rules and requirements for customers to use the features they pay fo
prisaz
Legend

I added to my post subject above. Perhaps this make thing more clear.

FiOS TV features

Yes I know how to forward ports and have tried everything in the present and the past. Verizon WILL NOT enable these features if they do not see their router. Yes it rather Ps me off about the whole thing. One of the reasons I went to Tivo, and may be one of the resons I go back. At least on one DVR. I like what is going on with the new DVR and 1.9, but Verizon does not play nice. It should not be this way. What is the whole reason behind the confirmation number and the user ID the DVR gives you, if it is no use to the customer! If Verizon must know where my eqiupment is why not allow a dymanic dns or pppoe service keep track of where we are. Let us open what ports for what features and make the blasted stuff work. Biggest pet peave of mine is the mandatory requirement to use the Verizon router, am an advanced user and do not need Verizon support to make my things work on my end. Just the information and for them to support what should work on their end.

0 Likes
PJL
Master - Level 3

Look at http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r21120487-FIOS-TV-Central-website-access-with-Non-AT-Router- for some good information on non-standard setups.

0 Likes
prisaz
Legend

@PJL wrote:

Look at http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r21120487-FIOS-TV-Central-website-access-with-Non-AT-Router- for some good information on non-standard setups.

Thanks for the link. I tried setting up the forwarding rules and using the Actiontec to get it working and then switching. But once it breaks again for one reason or another, you will need to do it all over again. It breaks enough when using the Actiontec router. I don't think I want to go though the Actiontec my router call Verizon for activation and then back again. It is a big circle and I just want the circle broken and Verizon to make it work. Give us a link to reactivate the feature on the licensed DVRs and CID on the boxes. Let us set port forwarding rules in our routers and just make the blasted stuff work. Everytime my Remote DVR would give up on the goods, there was never a way to reactivate it on the Verizon page, or the tools that trash your computer. If it is not the read only forwarding rules that just get disabled, it is always something else. Let me control my own ports and enable the features I am supposed to have.

Then for the others that need to have hand holding, Verizon can do as they please.

0 Likes