Quantum TV and audio out of sync
JackTheKnife
Enthusiast - Level 3

It looks like I have audio out of sync after upgrading to Quantum TV. Issue is on live channels as well recorded shows. Audio was tested directly on a TV set (through the HDMI) and an amplifier (audio through the optical).

Any clue what is going on?

Thanks

0 Likes
Re: Quantum TV and audio out of sync
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

Check the hidden menu for HDMI settings.

while "off" (i.e. standby) and TV on,  hold "d" button about 5 seconds then release

User menu

Additional HDMI Settings

Lip sync (auto is usually best)

Lip sync delay (normally 0)

0 Likes
JackTheKnife
Enthusiast - Level 3

But why delay is on an optical output? Is going to be same issue as HDMI?

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

Sync in general is a problem with Digital Tv's.  You definitely want to play with these values and see what happens.  You did mention a HDMI connection so at least try to get that to sync first, then see if you have to go to manual in the settings I mentioned and adjust the delay for the optical.

Try doing adjust on something live.  MOVIES and TV program sometimes reloop the audio later and may have some inherent sync errors.

0 Likes
Lorre1

I have the same issue.  I find if I hit pause then play the issue resolves.  It is annoying however.  Sometimes the sound cuts out altogether.  Again pause/play gets it back.

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

You will want to start a new thread as this one will be locked as it is over 2yrs old

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

As this thread is now over two years old, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes