Quantum boxes freezing
Smithcinema

Han quantum for 2 years now and learned to live with the freezing hand them come out last year and change out ont and boxes and nothing worked !! New house all coax is new and fine so they can not blame that and the only boxes that freeze are the clients!! It is annoying for $120 a month !! Have they fixed this issue since last January or have new boxes ?? Thinking of getting spectrum! I’m fed up finally and there techs have no clue 

0 Likes
Re: Quantum boxes freezing
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

What do you mean freeze up?

Is it just the picture or the entire box (ie doesn't respond to remote control)?

0 Likes
Smithcinema

Picture freezes then you have to press channel up to unfreeze and sometimes it says lost connection to media server it only happens on clients boxes had a tech come out rover a year ago and change everything boxes , ont , and router and spliters and nothing new house new wires back a year ago a lot of the same complaints have they solved issue yet if I get new boxes again hate to go through the trouble and nothing

0 Likes
myownsense
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just had FIOS TV installed less than a month ago after over 26 years with DIRECTV. Originally signed up for FIOS gigabit Internet and Freedom Essentials phone service when they came through the area last year. I had to,wait for my last contract with DIRECTV to expire before switching the TV to FIOS. I am experiencing the same problems with the TV freezing. I know it is happening with all of the clients. Not so sure about the server as we don’t watch that TV as frequently. It is the server because of it’s central location and closer proximity to the router than any of the other sets. Sometimes (not always) we get the Video Server Media Connection Lost message on the set, but not always. It seems when we get the message the remote does nothing. We just have to wait about a minute and it clears up and the show resumes. It seems when we don’t get the message the TV will remain frozen but the remote will function. The TV will remain frozen for as long as you do nothing. However, simply changing the channels seems to always unfreeze it. Sometimes it will go hours or even a day without doing it, but other times it will occur a couple or more times an hour and then not for several hours or even a day. I can’t discern any pattern, rhyme, or reason (specific channel, time of day, etc.). Haven’t yet complained to Verizon. Just trying to see if I can figure this out before having to schedule a service call and take a day off f work for this **bleep** annoyance.

0 Likes