Queued for download - Verizon Media Manager
ghanashyaml

While trying to download purchased movies (accidentally purchased by my neighbors child :()  to my PC, I got stuck in the Media Manager with this issue of "queued for download".

My movie was downloaded upto 86% and after that its stuck in that state from last night. I cannot even delete and restart the download.

Any solution to this??

0 Likes
Re: Queued for download - Verizon Media Manager
prisaz
Legend

Don't use Verizon software.

0 Likes
robert4korea1

I'm also having the same issue, after download 5 of 7 movies successfully, the other 2 remains in Queue status.  From what I have been able to figure out, it's only affect movies with the size over 2GB.

However, still waiting for an answer on how to get them to complete.

0 Likes
ConsultingSvcs
Enthusiast - Level 3

I am having the same problem. Why is Verizon not responding to this?

To the person who said don't use Verizon software, what alternative would you recommend to Media Manager --- it's the only way to view FlexView movies and still be able to start from a specific point in the movie. STBs and the Silverlight viewer don't allow me to fast forward or navigate to a specific part of the movie so I'd have to watch the whole thing over again.

EDIT: I took a look at the actual file in my Users profile folder and sure enough, Robert was right: it stopped at 69% or exactly 2GB. This seems to me to be pretty clearly a bug.

0 Likes
JWE3

After purchasing the movie "Lincoln" a couple weeks ago I wanted to download the HD version to my laptop so I can watch it away from my home.  Verizon media manager did the same thing and would stop the download at exactly 2.0GB.

It took me two weeks and threats of phone calls to the local media if I didn't get an answer, but I finally received one today.

According to Verizon, this is not a glitch in media manager, but something that is intentionally designed into it. It is something they did to prevent someone from downloading a HD or other movie larger than 2GB and pirating the movie for sale.

0 Likes
ghanashyaml

My old thread and Verizon has still not replied 😞

Back then, I just talked to Verizon and got refunded for the whole movie amount since I was unable to download it.

Verizon,

Why even provide the option of download if not allowed over 2GB or at least mention while purchasing that this would be the case.

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

As this thread is now over two years old, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes