ROOT SPORTS SOUTHWEST
Hoffman4

Please ADD ROOT SPORTS SOUTHWEST to your regional sports coverage channel lineup.  I'd like to be able to watch ALL of TEXAS' professional sports teams.  DirecTV & AT&T Uverse have picked up the channel & I'd prefer not to switch providers

0 Likes
Re: ROOT SPORTS SOUTHWEST
jomeone

I completely agree. ROOT Sports Southwest should be apart of our package just as Fox Sports Southwest is. All my friends at work, on fantasy teams and other associates that have Direct TV and ATT U-Verse have ROOT in their regular package.

0 Likes
FrogFanatic

I agree, the only time I can watch the Astros is when they play the Rangers on Fox Sports Southwest. When they play on MLB it is blocked in the DFW area. I have a couple hundred channels of crap I would gladly trade for Root Sports Southwest.

0 Likes
VoiceofReason2

Agreed wholeheartedly.  In fact, I started another thread on this very subject before realizing that this one was here.  There is no legitimate excuse for not having entire Professional Sports coverage over the entire State.

I left Directv because they simply would not commit to providing a particular Sports network. Now they have done that, and also have Root.  I might need to head back there if FIOS doesn't get on board.

0 Likes
tysonlee19

YES!!! Agree 100%! Actually, I am about to switch to DirecTV for this very reason.  (Of course I just know that one week after I signed that dreaded 2-year DTV contract, Verizon will probably pick up this channel.)  

ROOT Sports Southwest is a must have now!

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

@tysonlee19 wrote:

YES!!! Agree 100%! Actually, I am about to switch to DirecTV for this very reason.  (Of course I just know that one week after I signed that dreaded 2-year DTV contract, Verizon will probably pick up this channel.)  

ROOT Sports Southwest is a must have now!

You said in another thread that DTV doesn't Carry Roots Southwest....

0 Likes
tysonlee19

Yes, I'm sorry I misread the thread. I will go back and edit it.  DTV does carry all RSNs, including ROOT Sports Southwest. Verizon does not.  Apologies for the confusion. 

0 Likes
VoiceofReason2

I've been reviewing the various threads on the forums, and frankly it concerns me that no one from FIOS apparently ever responds to the programming posts that are made.

This particular thread is a perfect example.  I contacted Verizon via e-mail and requested information on adding the Root Sports Southwest Channel.  I got a response from someone in Customer Service, which basically consisted of the following:  

1) promises that FIOS cares about customers and is always seeking ways to improve the product, etc., and 

2) directing me to the Community Forums to post my request/suggestion.

I did so, in a post a couple of days ago.  I came back today, and there are a few additional posts, but how do I know that anyone from FIOS has even bothered to look at and consider this request?

A review of the other posts is not encouraging-- it doesn't appear that FIOS ever responds at all.  It is frankly impossible to tell whether or not anyone in position of authority to do anything even bothers to read these.

The original post on this thread was made on June 10.  It's over a month later, and no response from FIOS at all.  

FIOS, if you really are out there, are you going to consider adding Root Sports Southwest or not?  If not, why not?  

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

These are mainly peer to peer support forums.

Verizon never reponds to requests about future channel adds.

Have you tried contacting Roots to see what their stance is?

0 Likes
VoiceofReason2

I understand that these are "peer to peer" forums.  That is exactly what concerns me.  

I made contact with Verizon for a specific purpose-- to request a channel addition to the programming.  In response, I get an e-mail, suggesting that I go  post on a peer to peer forum!  

How does that qualify as "customer service?"   That is nowhere near a fair response.    I appreciate that other people on the forums may agree, or even disagree, with my suggestion.  That tells me nothing about what Verizon intends to do.  I recognize that for various reasons they might not want to commit to any position on adding any particular channel--but they don't tell me that-- instead they in effect tell me to go off and play somewhere else and don't bother them.

They are either discussing this with Root or not.  If they are not, then  they should  tell us that.  I might or might not change providers if they don't add Root.  I WILL  change providers if they refuse to give me an actual response. 

I would think that they would want to know that.

0 Likes