Recorded Shows Listed as Untitled
Frustrated141
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having the problem with shows listed as Untitled Recording and I don't schedule via the web.  I always use my remote and schedule on TV. This just happened this week and every thing on my DVR is Untitled Recording.

Is there a correction?  

Tags (1)
Re: Recorded Shows Listed as Untitled
skrapFios
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have 2 series recordings that are showing in the "manage series recording" as "Untitled Recording" instead of the name of the show - many others that show properly.  I may have setup those 2 via the mobile app BUT regardless, this seems to be be a long overdue issue (either re-appeared/lack of regression testing or never fixed).  There is another link from 2010 https://forums.verizon.com/t5/Fios-TV-Technical-Assistance/DVR-Series-Recording-via-the-web-shows-up... that sounds like the same issue and this thread (without a response from Verizon) is from 10 months ago.

Workaround does seem to be to go into the guide and re-set it up instead of via the mobile app BUT that seems stupid especially since this issue appears to have been happening for years...

Recorded shows listed as untitled
Poppied
Enthusiast - Level 1

How do you correct this problem

DVR - New or Series Recording Showing as Untitled Recording
johnpacheco7
Enthusiast - Level 1

Over the last few weeks, whenever I schedule a new show to be Recorded, or a show from a series starts recording, it gets labeled as "Untitled Recording".   This does not happen all the time, by at least 1 or 2 times per day.

Sadie011
Enthusiast - Level 1

The problem corrected itself weeks ago; but it just started again(6 Dec 19).

untitled recording when record from mobile app
skrapFios
Enthusiast - Level 3

This issue has been occuring for many years...  Either it has never been resolved or keeps re-occuring.  When setting up a recording, 1 off via the guide or a series recording from the mobile app, when view the recordings on the DVR, they show up as "untitled recording".  Can someone official address this issue and get it resolved

0 Likes
JennCell
Enthusiast - Level 2

I noticed this happening on 12/8/19 and again on 12/9/19 when I try to record via the Fios App or using the guide on the tv. This needs to be fixed!!! 

ICC1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Issue is occured twice. Recently last night 12/11/2019, for a show I selected from the guide to record. This was done using the set top box and remote (not the web interface).

Seems the scheduled series shows do show the names.

Absolutely annoying at best. Frustrating enough to start looking for a new service.

0 Likes
ellee

me, too.

0 Likes
Re: Recorded Shows Listed as Untitled SOLVED
ICC1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Update to my earlier posting.

Realized that this issue started happening when Verizon chose to update my router (without asking, I might add).  I had to reboot my router to make it functional. Therefore, I thought about resetting my set top box server.

This resolved the issue.

To reset, I utilized the trouble shooting tools within settings menu.