Recorded program auto-skips to the end when fast-forwarding with around 2 min left
skroll116

I am experiencing the same thing on two different DVRs in the house.

The jist of it is this...

Watching a recorded show and fast forwarding through commercials.  I get nearly to the end (2-3 min left) in the recording and fast forwarding to see the last 30 seconds or next weeks previews, but when I hit play it jumps to the end (menu).  If I really want to see the very end I have to start the program over and fast forward all the way to the end and then start watching from the 4-5 min mark including the commercials.  I find I have to watch the last 4-5 mins now just to avoid all of this.

I am using Logitech remotes with each box, but they are different remotes.

Anyone else seeing the 'Skip to End' issue I have described?

0 Likes
Re: Recorded program auto-skips to the end when fast-forwarding with around 2 min left
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

What model DVR do you have?

Have you tried skip vs ffwd?

0 Likes
Re: Recorded program auto-skips to the end when fast-forwarding with around 2 min left
irbrenda
Contributor - Level 1

Absolutely and very annoying to have to start over just to watch the last two minutes.  This has been an ongoing issue.

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

What model DVR do you have?

I have Quantum and have no issues with this at all.

Any you can use chaptering to get to the end much quicker.

Not a fix, but a work around.

0 Likes
skroll116

Sorry for the late reply.

I have 2 QIP7232-P2 DVRs.  One in the Living Room and one in the Bedroom.  I have this issue on both devices and each is using a different Logitech remote.

I'm not sure how to use / see Chaptering even though it appears to be enabled.  And to be honest I never used Skip until last night.  It works OK, but it seems to go a little into the program and I have to then rewind a few seconds.  I will research this option a little more.  

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Chaptering splits the show up into sections of up to 10 minutes each.

To see it, hit the up arrow key while watching a show.

Have you tried ffwd with FiOS remote instead of harmony to see if that makes a difference?And you can adjust skip and replay time under settings.

0 Likes
PjAlessi

Yessss, and I'm going crazy trying to figure out how to turn off or disable this feature.

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

As this thread is now over two years old, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes