Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
Recorded program auto-skips to the end when fast-forwarding with around 2 min left
skroll116

I am experiencing the same thing on two different DVRs in the house.

The jist of it is this...

Watching a recorded show and fast forwarding through commercials.  I get nearly to the end (2-3 min left) in the recording and fast forwarding to see the last 30 seconds or next weeks previews, but when I hit play it jumps to the end (menu).  If I really want to see the very end I have to start the program over and fast forward all the way to the end and then start watching from the 4-5 min mark including the commercials.  I find I have to watch the last 4-5 mins now just to avoid all of this.

I am using Logitech remotes with each box, but they are different remotes.

Anyone else seeing the 'Skip to End' issue I have described?

0 Likes
Re: Recorded program auto-skips to the end when fast-forwarding with around 2 min left
CRobGauth
Super User
Super User

What model DVR do you have?

Have you tried skip vs ffwd?

0 Likes
Re: Recorded program auto-skips to the end when fast-forwarding with around 2 min left
irbrenda
Contributor

Absolutely and very annoying to have to start over just to watch the last two minutes.  This has been an ongoing issue.

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Super User
Super User

What model DVR do you have?

I have Quantum and have no issues with this at all.

Any you can use chaptering to get to the end much quicker.

Not a fix, but a work around.

0 Likes
skroll116

Sorry for the late reply.

I have 2 QIP7232-P2 DVRs.  One in the Living Room and one in the Bedroom.  I have this issue on both devices and each is using a different Logitech remote.

I'm not sure how to use / see Chaptering even though it appears to be enabled.  And to be honest I never used Skip until last night.  It works OK, but it seems to go a little into the program and I have to then rewind a few seconds.  I will research this option a little more.  

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Super User
Super User

Chaptering splits the show up into sections of up to 10 minutes each.

To see it, hit the up arrow key while watching a show.

Have you tried ffwd with FiOS remote instead of harmony to see if that makes a difference?And you can adjust skip and replay time under settings.

0 Likes
PjAlessi

Yessss, and I'm going crazy trying to figure out how to turn off or disable this feature.

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Community Manager
Community Manager

As this thread is now over two years old, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes