Recording ONLY new episodes of a series is not allowed!
Nedsma
I recently upgraded to quantum. Now when I try to record a new season of a TV series I am not allowed to record just the first run (new episodes).....I am forced to,record the new episodes and ALL or the reruns. I just spent 40 minutes on the phone the the fios people and they say that is all they have. I said so you charge me more & give me fewer option. Furthermore the DVR recording options are redundant..."record episode" is fine, then there's "record series" and you get the new & old episodes and there's "record series with options" and you get the new and the old episodes...THERE ARE NO OPTIONS!!! This is stupid! The other nonsensical part of this is the shows I already had saved to record on my old equipment migrated to the new equipment and those still record just the new episodes.....so why can't I create a new recording and record only new episodes?????
0 Likes
Re: Recording ONLY new episodes of a series is not allowed!
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

???

Nonsense.  The option is there.

You can set it as the default.

When setting up a recording you can choice set up with options and its there.

For series recordings that are already setup, you can choice manage series recordings, "show",  modify series.

0 Likes
Nedsma

TNS_2 - I beg you to come to my house so I can show you the option is not there. I have not had the option to record first run only ever since I got the new quantum equipment. Furthermore, the Verizon tech support person and her supervisor TOLD me there was no option to record only the new episodes, hence NONSENSE! Please get Verizon to correct this!!! 

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

@Nedsma wrote:

TNS_2 - I beg you to come to my house so I can show you the option is not there. I have not had the option to record first run only ever since I got the new quantum equipment. Furthermore, the Verizon tech support person and her supervisor TOLD me there was no option to record only the new episodes, hence NONSENSE! Please get Verizon to correct this!!! 

I have Quantum, and I most definitely have the option to record only first-run episodes. However, that option is not available when I first schedule a series, I have to go in and modify the series.

I think maybe you are failing to scroll down on your options. I have a number of series recordings scheduled, I can easily go in and change the recording option on any of them:

Scheduled Recordings ==> series I want to modify/OK ==> scroll down to Modify Series/OK ==> scroll up to Episodes/OK ==> select First-Run Only/OK == Save

Unfortunately the reps you talk to on the phone know very little, I have had FiOS now for 10 years, Quantum for one full year, and I have found I generally know far more about how FiOS works than pretty much any of the reps you might talk to.

And last, none of us here can get Verizon to do anything, we are all just other customers trying to help.

Good luck.

Keller, TX 76248 (VHO 1)

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

@Nedsma wrote:

I assure you I have quantum too.  Note the three different options a mentioned. 

You can set it to default by Menu/settings/DVR/Default series options/Epiosdes to Record/First-Run Only

You can set a series to record from the guide and select Recore Series with Options/Eoisodes/First-Run Only even if you don't default to it.

And change the option by selecting DVR/Manage Series Recordin/  Then select the series and modify series/Episodes/First-run only

Remember these forums are peer to peer.  

0 Likes
failed to modify Series preferences
richrj1

I'm trying to modify a series to "First-Run"  only instead of "First-Run and repeats" 

When I try to Save and OK I get "failed to modify Series preferences"

I deleted the series and tried to create a new one but it says I already have a record for the series

even though it is not shown whe I try to create a new one 

I did a search and found nothing that fixes this issue. 

0 Likes
Re: failed to modify Series preferences
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Try a box reboot.

0 Likes
richrj1

I rebooted and it's the same.

Do I have to delete all recording of the series first (not what I want)

0 Likes
richrj1

OK, I think  I figurd out what was wrong. When "create new record" is selected and you "search for show" It's impossible to record a series without selecting a show from the guide. I just picked the first one available which was a repeat.

So if you select a rerun it's impossible to "record first run"

So theres a conflict in your selection options.

"record first run only" should not be an option if you pick an old episode of a show.

0 Likes