Regional Sports Network Fee (among other things)
avemaria92
Contributor - Level 1

I got a call today to renew our contract to keep the current rates so I agreed..  Our typical price is $181 per month

129.99- triple play

34.99- boxes

17 or so for taxes

They sent me an email just now breaking down in cryptic form what the new bill will be for my new term..

it seems the old Fios broadcast fee of $2 and the regional sports network fee of $5 wasn't on my previous years' worth of bills.. but it appears they're adding it now.. and increased rates as well..

now i'm seeing broadcast fee of $3.58 and Regional sports fee of $8.98.

So not only is my 'keep your rate by renewing now' plan a **bleep** lie but I have to pay the new increased fees as well.. and I don't even watch sports.. $9 a month.. $108 a year for something I don't watch.. 

0 Likes
Re: Regional Sports Network Fee (among other things)
Airwolf1
Enthusiast - Level 3

@avemaria92 wrote:

I got a call today to renew our contract to keep the current rates so I agreed..  Our typical price is $181 per month

129.99- triple play

34.99- boxes

17 or so for taxes

They sent me an email just now breaking down in cryptic form what the new bill will be for my new term..

it seems the old Fios broadcast fee of $2 and the regional sports network fee of $5 wasn't on my previous years' worth of bills.. but it appears they're adding it now.. and increased rates as well..

now i'm seeing broadcast fee of $3.58 and Regional sports fee of $8.98.

So not only is my 'keep your rate by renewing now' plan a **bleep** lie but I have to pay the new increased fees as well.. and I don't even watch sports.. $9 a month.. $108 a year for something I don't watch.. 

Unfortunately this isnt just a Verizon thing. Almost all providers are constantly bumping up the add on fees and are dong it now. My other local providers have just raised their rates again.

If you don't watch sports the only thing you can do to avoid the RSN fee is to downgrade to custom tv and not pick the sports packages.

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Have you looked at the new plans that allow you to subscribe to packages that don't include sports channels?

Gets you out of the RSN fees.

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

@CRobGauth wrote:

Have you looked at the new plans that allow you to subscribe to packages that don't include sports channels?

Gets you out of the RSN fees.

As you now, works for some not for others.  E.g. a few channels are not available.  And for some like me, since I want 2 from add-on one, 1 from add-on two, etc. until it costs more than just ordering my current package even with the extra fees.

0 Likes