Remote DVR not finding DVR STB
jimhpa
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just replaced my router with a new Verizon router. Everything is working except the TV Central Remote DVR. It keeps coming back with the device is not responding. I have reset the box and still it is not connecting. After replacing the router, is there another step I'm missing? Do I need to have remote DVR reset? If so, how?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Remote DVR not finding DVR STB
jimhpa
Enthusiast - Level 2

I did not hear back from anyone, but just tried and my Remote DVR is now working. I don't know if they fixed my specific problem, or a more general problem.

Jim

View solution in original post

0 Likes
VZ_Lori
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have a question. Are you getting your guide and widgets etc on your dvr box? Are you able to watch Video on Demand on it?You may need to power cycle your dvr. Basically turn it off and unplug it for a min or two. Plug it back in and turn it back on. 

Hopefully this will fix it..

Lori

Verizon Telecom

Fiber Solutions Center

0 Likes
jimhpa
Enthusiast - Level 2
thank you for your reply. When I first installed the new router the dvr stb video on demand worked right away. Once I found this problem I unplugged the dvr but that did not help. I did notice a disable remote dvr in the set up menu. Di I need to disable then reenable remote dvr? Thanks again, Janes Haldeman
0 Likes
VZ_Lori
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes, try disabling then enabling the remote dvr.  Hope that works.. Let me know.

Lori

Verizon Telecom

Fiber Solutions Center

0 Likes
mab57
Enthusiast - Level 3

I am having the exact same problem. I can no longer program my DVR from my computer for about the last week or so. It always says that my STB is not responding. Sometime during the last week, I pressed the reset button on my router because I was having some pixelation on HD VOD. Someone from Verizon told me to do that. The pixelation has greatly improved, but now I have this remote DVR problem. I don't remember if I had this problem before I reset my router. Everything else works. I called Verizon tech support on Sunday. They said they would get back to me within 48 hours. So far, no one has called back.

I did disable remote DVR in the settings, then re-enabled it. That has not helped.

0 Likes
jp
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having the same problem.   Has anybody come up with a solution?

0 Likes
jimhpa
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yesterday I contacted Tech Support. They tried a few things, but then opened a ticket. I am waiting for a response from them before doing anything else. Based on the one response, it doesn't sound like disable/re-enable will work.

Jim

0 Likes
jp
Enthusiast - Level 1

i tried unplugging and disabling and re-enabling.  no help. Let us know if what they have you do works.

0 Likes
jimhpa
Enthusiast - Level 2

I did not hear back from anyone, but just tried and my Remote DVR is now working. I don't know if they fixed my specific problem, or a more general problem.

Jim

0 Likes
db2

I am having the same problem.  Called teck support and got the same result (tried a few things and said they'd put in a ticekt).  Seems to be a common issue.  Any other solutions?

0 Likes