Remote P265 Reduced Range
demongolem
Enthusiast - Level 1

Recently, I have noticed that the remote does not work more than 3 1/2 - 4 feet from the STB and the remote has to be dead on so there is very little range in angle allowed.  I have changed batteries to no effect.  I have tried it on my other STB and I get the same results.

What could be causing the remote to respond so poorly?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Remote P265 Reduced Range
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Yeah, they don’t last forever. On your TV go to Menu > Customer Support > Top Support Tools > Replace Fios Remote 

View solution in original post

clem21
MVP MVP
MVP

@demongolem wrote:

Recently, I have noticed that the remote does not work more than 3 1/2 - 4 feet from the STB and the remote has to be dead on so there is very little range in angle allowed.  I have changed batteries to no effect.  I have tried it on my other STB and I get the same results.

What could be causing the remote to respond so poorly?

Have you added any lamps or lights to the room? Added a dimmer by chance? They can interfere with the IR signal from the remote. Have you added any new equipment near the Fios box or moved it? If not, you may have a bad remote that is on its way out. Not common, but if the new batteries are good, there isn't much else to cause it besides a really dirty IR emitter on the front of the remote.

demongolem
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yeah I tried to think what is different about the room, but nothing really.  Still the same environment, so I guess chances are it is a faulty remote.

If it is a faulty remote, how do I handle it?

0 Likes
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Yeah, they don’t last forever. On your TV go to Menu > Customer Support > Top Support Tools > Replace Fios Remote