Remote app won't log in on Nexus 7
kellynat
The remote app won't let me log in. I get the error message "your user ID or password is invalid. Please try again. If you have forgotten your credentials," then cuts off. I know my password is correct because it works on my iPhone. Any suggestions?
0 Likes
Re: Remote app won't log in on Nexus 7
paulinVA
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have this same problem.

Misery loves company, I guess.  I am not impressed at all at the amatuerish execution of the Verizon FiOS apps. 

So, I am using the correct username and password.  I am on a Nexus 7 on AT&T wireless.

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

make sure your nexus 7 is connected to the in home wireless for the actiontec fios router, and then try it again.  that app remote function won't work unless you are connected to the same in house network as the set top box, meaning the router.     3g/4g won't work for the FiOS remote  

Here is the help website, it gives a lot of good info for getting it to work 

0 Likes
paulinVA
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thank you.  The help site confirms my suspision that the app is totally, absolutely, useless to manage a DVR from a device away from the home, which is exactly where one would WANT to use it.

If I am home, connected to my slow(non n), disconnect every hour verizon-provided wireless router I can connect my tablet and do exactly what I can do standing in the same room with my TV remote.

I want to use the stupid app when I am AWAY from my home network.  I don't need it at home on my home network.

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

well keep in mind there are two apps in one, the actual fios remote where you change channels is only in home, but the DVR manager, you should be able to do away from the house.   but for that you have to enable it in your DVR. 

So when you get home, go to menu>settings>remote dvr and select mobile.  register your phone number, and then that will enable the feature for you to use with your cell and that app. 

0 Likes
flash1621
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have received confirmation from Verizon that their apps do not work on Android 4.2.  They said they are working on an update.