Remote control Tv input
elque

I set up the volume, mute button to work. Now all i'm missing is the tv input so i can switch sources. I want to switch from hdmi 1 to hdmi 2. So how can i make the a/v button to switch sources?

Remote control: Verizon P265

TV: Haier

0 Likes
Re: Remote control Tv input
Hubrisnxs
Legend

you have to reprogram it, but this time you will end up making sure you program the input button as well.   

Set up your remote using the listed remote code

1. Find the remote code for your TV in the list of Remote control codes for Verizon P265.
    - Write down the code in case you need to reprogram your remote in the future.
    - You can also find remote codes in the Verizon P265 Remote Control User Guide.

2. Turn on your TV and the FiOS TV Set-Top Box.
    Make sure you can see live TV.

3. Press and hold the OK and 0 (zero) buttons at the same time.
    The red LED light blinks 2 times and then stays on.

4. Enter the remote code for your TV that you located in step 1.
    The red LED light blinks 2 times and then stays on.

5. Press and release the Ch+ button until the TV turns off. You can also back up by pressing the Ch- button.

NOTE: Some TVs may respond slower than others to buttons pressed on the remote so wait at least 1 second between button presses.

6. Test your remote to ensure it is working properly:
    - Turn on the TV by pressing the TV button on your FiOS TV remote.
    - Press the Vol+ and Vol- buttons to ensure that you can control the volume.
    - Press the Mute and A/V buttons to ensure they work.

If any of these buttons do not work, press and hold that button. Release the button as soon as it is working.  <~~~~~

7. If all the buttons work, press OK to save your settings.
    The red LED light blinks 3 times and then turns off. Your remote control is now programmed.

The act of pressing the input and holding it down until it begins working and releasing it, is part of the programming, and so the input likely will not work without that step. 

0 Likes
KenElliott

I just received a new remote control and can't program the TV A/V Input button to work properly.  The TV A/V Input screen appears when I press the TV A/V Input button (indicating that the remote is properly programmed), but I can't toggle to any other sources.  On my old remote, I could do this by pressing the up or down arrows around the "OK" button when in the TV mode.  This new remote doesn't work the same.  HELP!

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend
Sometimes the verizon remote simply wants you to press input over and over to toggle. Did you try that?
0 Likes
KenElliott

Yes, still doesn't toggle.

0 Likes
22Becca22
Contributor - Level 3

@KenElliott wrote:

Yes, still doesn't toggle.

Hello,

If the remote has been programmed successfully to the TV, make sure you hit 'TV' on the remote before you press the 'A/V' input button.  The remote defaults to the STB device usually.

0 Likes
wililab3
Enthusiast - Level 1

for this model remote the TV button turns off the TV. I am having the same issue

0 Likes
bevhaas

How do I cange  the HDMI. I know the input button on the remote but what do I use to make the choice go up or down?

0 Likes
KH-OrnEsh1
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes